5 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
jaygilmore says

Hi guy. Can i upload a theme for ModX Evolution?
At this time, the Themes for MODX are aimed at MODX Revolution using the ThemePackagerComponent tool to create installable packages. It may be that Evo themes may be accepted at some time in the future. That might be up to Envato.
12 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Webdesignn says

We’re working on debugging this issue. If the package installs correctly, it’s quite possibly a bug in the ThemePackagerComponent. We’ll continue to investigate and provide an update later today.

Any news about this? It’s important because Themeforest templates need to be php notice free to be approved.

517 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+5 more
simonswiss says

Question to the envato staff – would a “Under Construction Page” MODX theme be accepted?

The theme would be just a single page with a countdown, with no other pages. The reason behind using MODX would be that every single bit of the page (colours, text strings, icons, signup form validation messages etc) can be manipulated from the theme options, so buyers with no HTML / CSS skills could just customise the page from the theme options panel.

Are there some sort of minimal requirements for MODX themes (multi-page, blog, etc) or would that sort of theme have a chance to be accepted?
There are no minimum requirements. A landing page is fine.

I just got hard rejected for the following reason:

“We appreciate that you took the time to make this theme, however we’re looking for more complex MODx themes at the moment.

Thanks for understanding”

What gives?

517 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+5 more
simonswiss says

Here’s the link to my theme for the competition entry:

http://themeforest.net/item/flatdown-coming-soon-modx-theme/7486021?WT.ac=category_thumb&WT.seg_1=category_thumb&WT.z_author=simonswiss

A big thank you to the Envato staff that was very efficient in resolving the contradiction i mentioned above. On Easter saturday too!

Happy Easter everyone :-)

63 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
GJ-Designs says
1 post
greatdeveloper says

Is this contest still open ? How can I know the status ? In modx category currently its showing 9 items ! 1 item to end this contest ?

455 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
ShaneFreer Envato team says

Is this contest still open ? How can I know the status ? In modx category currently its showing 9 items ! 1 item to end this contest ?

Yes still open. Contest closes on Wednesday, May 14th. There are 7 spaces left in the first 10.

1 post
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+1 more
0000HEX says
117 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
Legues says

Oh yeeeeahhh great news for all the MODxers!!! I´m using MODX for several years… and all i can say is it´s one of the best, powerfull and flexible CMS over the Internet. And know i´m really happy because Themeforest is accepting themes built in this great CMS. I´ll have to start doing some work to sell here!!! :)

12 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Netherlands
ThemesMODX says

Am I right that I can submit on the 14th and have a chance of winning?

The theme does not need to be approved before the 14th? Just submitted?

by
by
by
by
by
by