186 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
Artillegence says
Yay! Congrats everybody. Even I am in there (and stayed tight to keep the secret) ;)
ya me too :P
389 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
RZDESIGN says

Awesome :) Love the concept, I hope to see some nice tutorials on there!

1318 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
fuelthemes says

Interesting marketplace to say the least.

962 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ireland
EireStudio says

What an absolute fantastic idea!!! I will buying a few of these no doubt

1864 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Who could have thought it will be a tuts marketplace? ;) What a great surprise, I will totally buy something there, especially if there will be some good c4d tuts.

1025 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
+5 more
Parallelus says

Ok, so instead of just creating a graphic and selling it on GraphicRiver, or a landing page and selling it on ThemeForest, I can do some extra documentation to make it a tutorial and sell it for a lower price on the tuts website! I guess i don’t get it. I would much rather make a landing page and sell it on ThemeForest for $12 than do the same thing plus the extra work of creating a tutorial and sell it for $5 on the Tuts marketplace.

This reminds me more of an affiliate site like ClickBank where you sell your weight loss strategy or “Google AdWord Secrets” book. I guess it could have success that way but not sure Envato would allow it. I know Envato has been very successful with their premium tuts subscriptions, but I feel like that’s just to get the files for the tutorial. There are so many free tutorials out there and you already have the file marketplaces here. Wouldn’t it be better just to sell the JavaScript on CodeCanyon, HTML on ThemeForest, etc since you must provide documentation regardless.

Best of luck but this one looks like a stinker to me.

1043 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Argentina
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

cool

1864 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says
Ok, so instead of just creating a graphic and selling it on GraphicRiver, or a landing page and selling it on ThemeForest, I can do some extra documentation to make it a tutorial and sell it for a lower price on the tuts website! I guess i don’t get it. I would much rather make a landing page and sell it on ThemeForest for $12 than do the same thing plus the extra work of creating a tutorial and sell it for $5 on the Tuts marketplace.

This reminds me more of an affiliate site like ClickBank where you sell your weight loss strategy or “Google AdWord Secrets” book. I guess it could have success that way but not sure Envato would allow it. I know Envato has been very successful with their premium tuts subscriptions, but I feel like that’s just to get the files for the tutorial. There are so many free tutorials out there and you already have the file marketplaces here. Wouldn’t it be better just to sell the JavaScript on CodeCanyon, HTML on ThemeForest, etc since you must provide documentation regardless.

Best of luck but this one looks like a stinker to me.

This is a kind of tutorial I would be more than happy to pay for http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/maxon-cinema-4d/model-texture-and-render-an-interior-scene-with-cinema-4d-and-vray-%E2%80%93-day-1/ (180 steps with a very nice result) so I guess the new marketplace is not much for ‘how to do a striped background’ easy stuff. It should be for really professional tutorials that deserve the price tag so I hope it won’t get flooded by cheap stuff. I can find cheap stuff on google.

1012 posts
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
wizylabs says

I luv you envato :kiss: :inlove:

1025 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
+5 more
Parallelus says
This is a kind of tutorial I would be more than happy to pay for http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/maxon-cinema-4d/model-texture-and-render-an-interior-scene-with-cinema-4d-and-vray-%E2%80%93-day-1/ (180 steps with a very nice result) so I guess the new marketplace is not much for ‘how to do a striped background’ easy stuff. It should be for really professional tutorials that deserve the price tag so I hope it won’t get flooded by cheap stuff. I can find cheap stuff on google.

Agreed, that’s the type of experience you get in a classroom and I see the value in it. I’m not sure who’s going to do something that complex for a $5 price point thought. Since I don’t know how they plan to price these things it might work.

I know this for sure, people will pay for knowledge. That’s why we buy books, take classes and subscribe to tutorial websites. But as an author I’m not planning to spend the extra time on a project to get it priced lower on the tuts site compared to the other marketplaces. Maybe these current prices are “introductory” but they seem very low when I can do the same thing and sell it for more on GraphicRiver, 3DOcean or ThemeForest.

by
by
by
by
by
by