729 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

Awesome!!! – Going there right now! :)

1864 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says
I know this for sure, people will pay for knowledge. That’s why we buy books, take classes and subscribe to tutorial websites. But as an author I’m not planning to spend the extra time on a project to get it priced lower on the tuts site compared to the other marketplaces. Maybe these current prices are “introductory” but they seem very low when I can do the same thing and sell it for more on GraphicRiver, 3DOcean or ThemeForest.

That’s true :(

499 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
TutelageSystems says

Awesome, I am very excited for this marketplace.

1182 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
campolar says
I know this for sure, people will pay for knowledge. That’s why we buy books, take classes and subscribe to tutorial websites. But as an author I’m not planning to spend the extra time on a project to get it priced lower on the tuts site compared to the other marketplaces. Maybe these current prices are “introductory” but they seem very low when I can do the same thing and sell it for more on GraphicRiver, 3DOcean or ThemeForest.
That’s true :(

What if someone buys a tut, studies it, does the same thing again and makes his own tut. Posts it to his blog for free? O_o

1426 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

Is it just me? I can’t see the point to have a tuts marketplace, or, this is to replace the tuts+ subscriptions?

I understand the reason to buy a book, but I don’t understand the reason to pay for a tutorials which I can get it free from the web. Further, the pricing is just …

Marketplaces should offer end products or something more premium, not a $5 tutorial…

Not saying that this is a bad move, but, is it necessary? I’d prefer to see the collaboration features, new marketplaces for end products such as photo, mixed elements, frameworks etc…

Cheers.

1012 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+1 more
wizylabs says
Is it just me? I can’t see the point to have a tuts marketplace, or, this is to replace the tuts+ subscriptions?

I understand the reason to buy a book, but I don’t understand the reason to pay for a tutorials which I can get it free from the web. Further, the pricing is just …

Marketplaces should offer end products or something more premium, not a $5 tutorial…

Not saying that this is a bad move, but, is it necessary? I’d prefer to see the collaboration features, new marketplaces for end products such as photo, mixed elements, frameworks etc…

Cheers.

+1

421 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
MASSIX says

I agree with kailoon. I think that was not the right move. Its kinda weird that guys like chrisspooner, abuzedo, ... sell their tuts here when they first offer similar stuff for free.

I also agree with freshface that noone will sell a tutorial with all the material when it brings more money to sell just the work on the other marketplaces.

I thought the new marketplace would be something with apps, images, games or some other cool stuff, but this tuts+ marketplace has a bad taste for me.

Greatz

73 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
illusionem says

prices are way too low :(

122 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
jayjdk says

Cool marketplace. I don’t think i’ll buy any tutorials but I just bought 4 ebooks :)

1579 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says

Cheers.

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by