34 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Skellie says
Congrats Envato! Great Idea. ;) I have a few questions though: I am pretty sure these questions have been asked before. How will the new Tutorials MarketPlace compare to TutsPlus? Will there be the same tutorials as Tuts Plus? Will anything change at Tutsplus because of this marketplace? Also, will we get a Tutorials badge if we upload a tutorial on The Tutorials MarketPlace? :)

Hey Shoxite, some answers to your questions:

We have seeded this marketplace with content from our Tuts+ Premium subscription, but over time the number of exclusive author submitted tutorials will become much greater. The marketplace will be full of tutorials you can’t get anywhere else :)

Nothing will change at Tuts+ because of the new marketplace.

At the moment the ‘Tutorial’ badge is awarded when a marketplace user writers a tutorial for a Tuts+ site. But if they write a Premium tutorial for Tuts+, they will get the badge. At the moment you won’t get a badge for selling a tutorial on the Tuts+ Marketplace, but we’ll have to look into making a special badge… :)

367 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says
Hmmm.. It is a nice idea but I think the prices are way off.

I was considering the CSS : Noobs to Ninja videos but they have been divided into 3 pieces setting you back $15 total. I believe this tutorial can also be downloaded if you sign up for premium Tuts right or has that been cancelled.

Maybe I am just crazy but I think learning material should not be this expensive and I fear how this trend will kill all the free tutorials out there and set back the whole industry. There is simply too many things we must keep up with and learn. If prices like this it is gonna be tough to keep up.

What’s the price of a cup of coffee in the Denmark? Instead of buying two coffees, buy one and get a tutorial! Universities are the most common places for learning and their prices are the highest (unless it’s public). So I think tutorial cost is cheap and affordable.

Next thing: When you buy something with money, you are more committed to read and get full knowledge from it. Contrary to when it’s free, you easily give up. That’s why people in primary reason join universities or paid learning courses.

Well all education is free in Denmark so maybe that is why I have this equal for all feeling about learning. However, I never said I wanted it to be free. When you subscribe to TutsPlus you also pay and as such you are more likely to finish the material, which I agree with you is a known fact. But Envato is so important today that whenever they do something they change the GAME so to speak. With that kind of power I think comes some responsibility and when it comes to education and learning I would like if the ecosystem doesn’t close up too much and only becomes available to people with credit cards. I think a lot of the people who use TUTs are teenagers etc. wanting to learn how to design, code etc. They will sometimes be cut off from it.

Anyway personally I hope to see a new type of ultra premium tutorial trend with tutorials that are specifically designed for users of the Envato sites. I posted a Thread for Tutorial Requests on the new marketplace forum to share some ideas about what I think that could be.

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
CodingJack says

Just listened to the podcast. Great job as always and congrats Envato on the new Marketplace!

577 posts Themes and Graphics
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Bebel says

If this marketplace manages to provide only high class tuts it could beconme a big success. Making it possible to earn some cash with the tuts might encourages people to write tutorials who never before bothered to give their knowledge and (and time) away fo free.

I see the tut marketplace more as an addition to the tut+ network than to the regualr marketplaces. And for that – it’s a great addition.

ConstantinPotorac
ConstantinPotorac Recent Posts Threads Started
645 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+11 more
ConstantinPotorac Envato team says
Congrats Envato! Great Idea. ;) I have a few questions though: I am pretty sure these questions have been asked before. How will the new Tutorials MarketPlace compare to TutsPlus? Will there be the same tutorials as Tuts Plus? Will anything change at Tutsplus because of this marketplace? Also, will we get a Tutorials badge if we upload a tutorial on The Tutorials MarketPlace? :)

Hey Shoxite, some answers to your questions:

We have seeded this marketplace with content from our Tuts+ Premium subscription, but over time the number of exclusive author submitted tutorials will become much greater. The marketplace will be full of tutorials you can’t get anywhere else :)

Nothing will change at Tuts+ because of the new marketplace.

At the moment the ‘Tutorial’ badge is awarded when a marketplace user writers a tutorial for a Tuts+ site. But if they write a Premium tutorial for Tuts+, they will get the badge. At the moment you won’t get a badge for selling a tutorial on the Tuts+ Marketplace, but we’ll have to look into making a special badge… :)

Looking forward to have that badge :)

34 posts
  • Located in Australia
+9 more
Skellie says
Looking forward to have that badge :)

I’m looking forward to you having that badge :)

87 posts
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Aaron_Osteraas says
I see the tut marketplace more as an addition to the tut+ network than to the regualr marketplaces. And for that – it’s a great addition.

This puts it perfectly.

The Tuts+ Marketplace is NOT going to replace the existing Tuts+ sites.

It is a place where people can buy Premium tutorials once off rather than needing to subscribe to get access to them. Remember that just because a subscription is good for you, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good for the next person to come along. People have been asking to be able to purchase single tutorials for a very long time and we’ve finally been able to facilitate that!

The Tuts+ Marketplace will only host Premium quality tutorials. Our usual tutorials will still be published across the Tuts+ network as they have been for the past 3.5 years.

393 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
WPExplorer says

I thought it was going to be an app store for sure – but this is way cooler! Awesome job. I can’t wait to get my hands on some of these sweet tuts.

1182 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
campolar says

So envato doesn’t want to comment on our posts which don’t agree with a tut marketplace? I agree with kailoon’s point, and i’m still saying this is not good…

34 posts
  • Located in Australia
+9 more
Skellie says
So envato doesn’t want to comment on our posts which don’t agree with a tut marketplace? I agree with kailoon’s point, and i’m still saying this is not good…

The marketplace has only been out for a day or two. I hope you’ll give it a chance and see how it grows over time. We already have authors making sales, which is great to see :)

We’re listening to all your feedback – good and bad.

Even if this marketplace isn’t to your taste, there will probably be more marketplaces in future, and I’m sure you’ll love one of them at least :)

Personally, I hope one day Collis thinks of a marketplace idea that every single person loves. Not sure it’s possible, but it would sure be popular! :grin:

by
by
by
by
by
by