The explanation is quite simple. If you gave him the link with the ref information (considering he did not remove the ref from the link ) then he might had erased his cookies before he made his account or just had used another browser
- Community Moderator
- Won a Competition
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Item was Featured
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Referred between 200 and 499 users
Remember that once someone clicks your referral link the cookie lasts 3 months (Unless they clear them) So it’s possible that they may have clicked someone elses referral before yours within that 3 months so even though they signed up under your referral link the other referrer would have gotten the referral.
Keep at it though! Referring may seem slow at first but it can become quite a steady source of income.