36 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • India
thatsasif says

It says that…

Becoming an exclusive member on the Envato Marketplaces means that items you sell on any Envato Marketplace are not sold anywhere else – including other marketplaces and your own website.

Well I was selling it on other sites also..There was no manual way to remove the items on that site so i have contacted them to remove the items.

Now the question is am i eligible to be part of Exclusive Author Program after 15th even if the other marketplaces do not remove my items till that date. Will the new plan only be affected on the new items i upload or will it be available for older items sales also.

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
LucidStudios says

you are not eligible for becoming exclusive author at envato/flashden unless you remove the files from other websites.

2309 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
theflyingtinman says
you are not eligible for becoming exclusive author at envato/flashden unless you remove the files from other websites.

Or, if you have files on other sites which you cannot remove, you can remove those files from Flashden to qualify to become exclusive.

2114 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
fifty_tons says
It says that…

Becoming an exclusive member on the Envato Marketplaces means that items you sell on any Envato Marketplace are not sold anywhere else – including other marketplaces and your own website.

Well I was selling it on other sites also..There was no manual way to remove the items on that site so i have contacted them to remove the items.

Now the question is am i eligible to be part of Exclusive Author Program after 15th even if the other marketplaces do not remove my items till that date. Will the new plan only be affected on the new items i upload or will it be available for older items sales also.

Yes you can became exclusive, but if you delete the products from flashden that can be found in other sites (in case you can’t delete them from the other sites). So you can have products on every site out there, only not the same products you’re selling on flashden. I still have some old products on other sites.
Edit: just like tinman said :D

46 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
flashark says

J am just curious.

If you became exclusive, Can have some file on some other site, lets say for a month or two, and than remove it and than place it on Den. Or in other direction, has it on den a few months and than place it on other site, and remove it from den.

Is this violating your exclusivity ?

73 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
blend4design says

i am seriously considering becoming exclusive with flashden, i,ve only been here a week but if things carry on the way they are i’ll make the move soon. i,ve had a few files not accepted so i can keep those on the other sites and it shouldnt effect my being exclusive with flashden if i am reading the rules correctly?

2114 posts
  • Exclusive Author
fifty_tons says
J am just curious.

If you became exclusive, Can have some file on some other site, lets say for a month or two, and than remove it and than place it on Den. Or in other direction, has it on den a few months and than place it on other site, and remove it from den.

Is this violating your exclusivity ?

Yes you can. The whole idea is not to have an item for sale on flashden AND on other sites at the same time. You can remove your items from other sites and upload them on FD :)

36 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
thatsasif says

I got the answer to my first question…

What about the answer to my second question…

Will the new plan only be available on the new items i upload or will it be available for older items sales also after entering the Exclusive Author Program?

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
LucidStudios says
I got the answer to my first question…

What about the answer to my second question…

Will the new plan only be available on the new items i upload or will it be available for older items sales also after entering the Exclusive Author Program?

just upload the new files to flashden and nowhere else and you will be fine ;)

1234 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United States
MBMedia says

when you enter the exclusive author program it is a new percentage that applies to all sales made from the point you enter. Old projects still get the higher percentage if they sell while you are an exclusive author.

and as far as moving projects from site to site, as long as while you are exclusive the projects that are in your profile are nowhere else, then you are ok. But keep in mind that there is time involved in deleting on any network, from the point you delete a file to the point it is off of the marketplace is not always instant, so keep that in mind, cuz uploading to flashden when it is not quite yet deleted on the other site is a bad thing :)

by
by
by
by
by
by