• Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
ThemeKioken says

I’m not really sure if these was asked before, but I’m just curiously wondering:

1- If there will be an option for buyers to purchase the item with exclusive licence?

That will enable the buyer to have the only owner’s licence and the item will not be listed anymore.

2- We come by many customization requests about our themes/skins. Is there any plan on integrating a feature like “customize this item” which will be done by the author for the buyer and ease the process?

Let me know what you think.

Thank you=)

Onur

773 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Mexico
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
GARRO says
I’m not really sure if these was asked before, but I’m just curiously wondering:

1- If there will be an option for buyers to purchase the item with exclusive licence?

That will enable the buyer to have the only owner’s licence and the item will not be listed anymore.
Already discussed, big “no-no” from upstaris (they would be cut out of the loop).
2- We come by many customization requests about our themes/skins. Is there any plan on integrating a feature like “customize this item” which will be done by the author for the buyer and ease the process?

What do you mean by :”ease”?

364 posts Onuro
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeKioken says

What I mean is when I bought a theme here I might not be a novice user and may not be able to change the colors and ask for the author to do it, or maybe completely ask him to customize it for me, possibly in exchange for another small fee.

Since almost all items in here are already highly customizable, I still see many buyers having struggles / ask for changes to be done. Gotta make ‘em happy!:D

773 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Mexico
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
GARRO says
Since almost all items in here are already highly customizable, I still see many buyers having struggles / ask for changes to be done. Gotta make ‘em happy!:D

you are not obligated ;-)

I honestly think that if they cannot perform such simple modifications they have no bussiness buying stock anything… :D

The lack of such abilities are not meant to be obtained by buying stock files…. they should learn html, css, etc before they buy…

I plan on making this noticable on file descriptions when I upload a file here… :-)

1320 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
fuelthemes says
What I mean is when I bought a theme here I might not be a novice user and may not be able to change the colors and ask for the author to do it, or maybe completely ask him to customize it for me, possibly in exchange for another small fee. Since almost all items in here are already highly customizable, I still see many buyers having struggles / ask for changes to be done. Gotta make ‘em happy!:D

I think he is right, there should be paid support for our themes.

616 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Austria
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+4 more
Kriesi says
What I mean is when I bought a theme here I might not be a novice user and may not be able to change the colors and ask for the author to do it, or maybe completely ask him to customize it for me, possibly in exchange for another small fee. Since almost all items in here are already highly customizable, I still see many buyers having struggles / ask for changes to be done. Gotta make ‘em happy!:D

Cant believe that many authors would be happy with this. Since a customization only works for 1 buyer, to make it worthwhile for the author, the buyer would have to pay a lot more for the customization then for the template.

I have had a ton of customization requests but it seems most of the buyers here do not understand that although they can buy a template for 30 bucks, (which currently could be converted into a rate of 1-5 dollars per hour) most designers here wont do a customization for such low prices. (even got insulted one time for the rate I offered :P)

I completely agree with Garro here. I try to make my themes as easy to customize as possible but having knowledge of basic web editing will always be necessary.

364 posts Onuro
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ThemeKioken says

Well cleared Kriesi.

Given a second thought, it is best to create the themes donated with the highest flexibility features for the buyer.

Other than that, it wouldn’t be wise for the author to give customization support with the same rates (maybe even less) of the purchased item.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments on this.

1320 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
fuelthemes says

Well, its not like people are going to ask for total design change. They usually want things like sidebar customization or header image changes.

And if this right could be given to exclusive authors, who will get 100% rate from the customization sale.

This should soften the arguments about the sale rates.

by
by
by
by
by
by