3110 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

Yea make a new non-exclusive account. Thinking of trying this soon for some CodeCanyon scripts. You could always delete the non-exclusive trial account later and add that item to your exclusive account if you get more sales through here.

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

guys if you just read his post he is not talking about items already released here – these are specifically created new items he will sell somewhere else – Envato do not own your soul :)

The simple fact is – if you sign up as exclusive author then it means ANY and ALL items you upload to sell HERE with Envato (any of their marketplaces) then they cannot be given away, sold etc anywhere else – it’s a simple exclusive “item based” agreement – otherwise they could get you for every penny you earn anywhere hahaha

18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
Dom_W says

That’s what I put, we don’t get some guy come round with a branding iron and stamp COPYRIGHT (C) 2009 ENVATO on our foreheads do we :p

631 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RobbyDesigns says

Ok everyone, here’s Envato’s response:

Thank you for your email to Envato support. You may do so as long as the item is not found on the marketplaces in any form. Please see the following URL – http://wiki.envato.com/selling/getting-paid/payment-rates/

Specifically, “You are entitled to sell other items elsewhere, but not the same ones.”

Hope that helps, have a nice day and I’ll see you around the forums!

So, here’s my plan: I’ll carry on doing my normal work and sell website themes elsewhere but keep my graphis templates here…or maybe just go ‘non-exclusive’ and sell my graphics elsewhere to. Hope this helps for anyone with the same question.

Robby .

by
by
by
by
by
by