566 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
radykal says

Hey guys,

I would like to work for 2 – 2 1/2 months in a foreign country in the summer. Does anybody have experience with it and it is hard to find a company for that time? It could be an internship, but with my experience I would like to join a project for that time.

Where is good place to look for these jobs? I am really grateful for any tipps and personal stories!!

Thanks Rafael

276 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
Kopyov says

Hm, everyone is trying to relocate to Germany from the Eastern Europe, i’d suggest to go to Swiss or US.

I’ve worked in Germany, Austria, Hungary, Italy and Ukraine. You have the best working conditions ;)

24 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Darinka says

Not sure about the relocation thing from Eartern Europe, but OK. Maybe you have different experiences.

If you really want it, you will find someone at least for an internship. Best thing is to look for agencies you know, you admire their work and just drop them an email. You have nothing to lose.

I recently went to Vancouver to a coworking place called The Network Hub and worked there on my projects, it was great! I also worked in US, but that was work&travel and I worked at restaurant, shop and a hotel :) Canadians and Americans are nice people.

Go to Australia or New Zealand for beautiful nature and adventures along your work, or go to America for road trip at the end of the summer :)

Just go! :)

301 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Reachground says

In 2003 I went to New Zealand on a “Working Holiday Visa”. It let me work for three months at a time for one company. If I’m not wrong Australia has the same thing. It was the time of my life.

Since you’re from Germany you have the whole EU to choose from at ease. Get a crazy party/work summer in London? Come to Sweden and enjoy the beautiful nature and people?

The world is at your feet. You’re making the right choice. This experience will stay with you for the rest of your life. Traveling is the best school there is. I’m also impressed by you planning this already. If you want a more serious job this is the time to apply.

If you choose to come to Sweden, here’s a good place to start:

http://www.arbetsformedlingen.se/Globalmeny/Other-languages/Do-you-want-to-work-in-Sweden.html
4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I say first if you can find something for 2 month outside the country that’s great but you need a stay place ,cost of living atc` ,if you have all this is say it doesn’t matter what country if you never left Germany it will be invigorate experience from start .

I guess you aim for Europe mostly England (killer cost of living) ,Belgium(+great clubs hot girls) are a great place to work on your sector, ho… and the Netherlands is a pure joy .

Italy is also great but like France they try not to speak English make your life much harder :P .

But man why work on the summer? very hard to find a job for foreigner at this time, if you look for adventure take a bag go do some travelling in the far east or S. America for 2 1/2 months :P .

I work in so many countries, in my experience the US shine above all .+ they invent the internship. But really it’s not easy for foreigner finding something for 2 month only .

566 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
radykal says

Maybe you notice the flag in my bagdes, I am from germany. ;)

So my choice would be Australia, New Zealand, USA but I dont want to work 40 hours/week, it should be also a trip to see another country and to see something different than always the same at home.

At the moment I am in a period of my life, where I notice that money does not count, you should live your life and discover the beauty of the world and other countries, making own experience with cultures and nature.

It should be a warm country, but when here is summer in Australia is winter, how cold is it there during July-September.

by
by
by
by
by
by