3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
Zawadi says

I came back to look around to make a purchase for a new website I am working on and saw that I have no money left here. I wonder if you people know how poor I am…. :crying:

8190 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

did you not get a reminder?

1 post
sdright says

I just discovered that my deposit also expired. And no, I did not get any reminder.

5190 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Please contact Support – http://support.envato.com Deposits need to be used within 12 months.

3 posts
  • United States
Zawadi says

I would suggest this system of keeping cash be turned over to a business model of allowing us to purchase items instead of putting up a deposit. it’s setup to keep our money.

5190 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

You can purchase an item outright if you wish using the Buy Now option – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/217/0/how-do-i-pay-for-items-on-the-marketplaces

3 posts
  • United States
Zawadi says

You can purchase an item outright if you wish using the Buy Now option – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/217/0/how-do-i-pay-for-items-on-the-marketplaces

16 posts
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
temagami says

Same thing happened to me. I did not receive any notice; and, I have a problem with this expiration system. It is not costing envato any time or money to keep a deposit active. In fact, they have the money even before it’s spent – therefore they are making interest off it. If you don’t spend it in a given amount of time they take it? (I bet this is hidden somewhere in the fine print, but I find this really shady and disappointing)

I only lost $19 but I’ve been a customer since 2009 and have purchased numerous templates; I teach graphic design and am the webmaster for a teachers union. I have always directed my students and marketing agents with the union to graphic river and themeforest. If they don’t refund my $19 this practise will stop.

I just dropped $2000 on a union desktop and another $750 on adobe cs 6 – when we need to buy something we simply buy it. I was logging on to buy something else, only to discover I had forfeited my deposit 3 weeks ago. This is simply unacceptable – yes it’s only $19 but if this is how we’re treated as customers. Then I (and everyone I know) will no longer be a customer.

by
by
by
by
by
by