2003 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Hi
Does anybody know any software or another possibility to manage the portfolio? It would be great if I could just export a list as xml or so to import in a spreadsheet and manage my items to get a better overview which song/item is in which collection or pack.

1778 posts
    Contributed a free file of the month Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+11 more
SamBerson says

Hey there.

Great suggestions, though at the moment you can’t do this.

1286 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+4 more
UJ-pro says

Hi Mat,

good idea even if I don’t need it yet. But there are many portfolios grown up to a very high number of tracks and packs.

What about something like a spreadsheet on the dashboard without the need to use an external spreadsheet. Just a sheet that shows all the items in a smaller size, showing in which packs they are already in. That all with differents possibilities to sort them. And especially a function to set Packs. Just click, click, click -> “Create New Pack” -> ready!

Than the Pack is ready for further description and upload. And the new Pack icon is watchable behind every song that is in the Pack.

I imagine a sheet like you can see in the image. I’m not a programmer or designer. Just an example what I’m talking about. Drawing is easier than english for me. :D

I imagine that you just click on “Create New Pack” and than just select the items for the pack by “Strg + click”—> Go! Because all files and descriptions are already on the server. Maybe just adding a description and a picture to the pack.

And when you click on a Pack it shows you all items in there – maybe coloured.

What do you think about it?

1778 posts
    Contributed a free file of the month Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+11 more
SamBerson says

Hi Mat,

good idea even if I don’t need it yet. But there are many portfolios grown up to a very high number of tracks and packs.

What about something like a spreadsheet on the dashboard without the need to use an external spreadsheet. Just a sheet that shows all the items in a smaller size, showing in which packs they are already in. That all with differents possibilities to sort them. And especially a function to set Packs. Just click, click, click -> “Create New Pack” -> ready!

Than the Pack is ready for further description and upload. And the new Pack icon is watchable behind every song that is in the Pack.

I imagine a sheet like you can see in the image. I’m not a programmer or designer. Just an example what I’m talking about. Drawing is easier than english for me. :D

I imagine that you just click on “Create New Pack” and than just select the items for the pack by “Strg + click”—> Go! Because all files and descriptions are already on the server. Maybe just adding a description and a picture to the pack.

And when you click on a Pack it shows you all items in there – maybe coloured.

What do you think about it?

Great ideas, let’s hope we can have these made into a reality :)

2003 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more

Hey Udo
This is a very nice suggestion! Thank you very much for posting this!
I just think it will technically be not very easy, since a new audio preview would have to be made automatically.
And on this point I rather would like to set up I pack manual, since I can manage the preview in the order I like.
But IMO it would be perfect to have both options, your automatic version and the old fashioned version of making the packs manual myself including the good old review process.
btw: A single item is only allowed to be in one pack, your nice graphic shows some items appearing in two packs.

1286 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+4 more
UJ-pro says

Hi Mat,

yes it would be quite a big effort to manage all this. But it would be great. Even greater would be to manage the preview file in order you click the items to the pack. And the time description would be made automatically as well.

Preview File:

1. abc123 1:42 (0:00 – 1:42)
2. abc123 2:13 (1:44 – 2:15)

... and so on.

And under this the file description you already made has to be taken out of the item page automatically in the same order you clicked the items to the pack and the preview file will be made.

That would be nice and so much faster because the uploads are already approved. There would only be the price setting left and of course approving additional descriptions but not the items per se.

2003 posts
+8 more

Even greater would be to manage the preview file in order you click the items to the pack. And the time description would be made automatically as well.

Preview File:

1. abc123 1:42 (0:00 – 1:42)
2. abc123 2:13 (1:44 – 2:15)

... and so on.

And under this the file description you already made has to be taken out of the item page automatically in the same order you clicked the items to the pack and the preview file will be made.

That would be nice and so much faster because the uploads are already approved. There would only be the price setting left and of course approving additional descriptions but not the items per se.

I totally agree, this would be great! (as I said as long I could also do it the old way too ;) )

by
by
by
by
by
by