280 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has referred 200+ members
+6 more
johnnybd says

Hi Everyone, another expression related thread ;) Trying to Universalize a project with Color controllers & DocuCam does OK with my Color Controllers. But my DocuCam preset is getting messed up (Adbe-Controllers) issue…

Is there any way to exclude Docucam from being universalized?? or maybe Im doing something wrong? Thanks a lot.

EDIT : Just elaborating a bit – DocuCam’s Wiggle/Shake Controllers stop responding after universalizing.

Deleting Docucam and reimporting isn’t an appealing option because the random wiggle will be different, hence affecting all the pre-rendered elements within the scene….

5177 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Johnny – it’s pretty hard to know what’s gone wrong without seeing how Docucam is controlled at an expression level.

You could also pose the question on the Aescripts forums. Or there may already be an answer there.

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
aescripts says

Would need to see the before and after expressions but can’t see how universalizing it would mess it up unless the expression refers to itself using the localized names. In that case I would suggest the expressions be re-written properly.

280 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has referred 200+ members
+6 more
johnnybd says

Thanks for the prompt response guys! Guess there were 2 possibilities that caused this.

1) DocuCam was referring to itself, locking the null where the Preset was on and THEN running Universalizer solved it, the expression was unharmed.

2) My Wacom is a bit old, maybe I’ve accidentally unlinked X,Y,Z positions on the DocuCam null? thus, causing the expression to break?

by
by
by
by
by
by