• France
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
MusicPremium says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqkMsXcHQYg
Joe, you made my day man ! As a huge fan of RATM , i just can approve this video !! :)
(i’m gonna buy the XX bundle for sure)
548 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

Well just enabled extended licenses – every top author have extended licenses enabled so it would be silly to have them unabled…

Not sure if I’ve understood your post (and MusicPremium’s), but are you both saying you disagree with Extended Licence agreement yet are still enabling them on your account?

212 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
MusicPremium says

Well just enabled extended licenses – every top author have extended licenses enabled so it would be silly to have them unabled…
Not sure if I’ve understood your post (and MusicPremium’s), but are you both saying you disagree with Extended Licence agreement yet are still enabling them on your account?

Yep, i disagree completely. But as I said, i’m not going to penalize myself more by taking the risk of reduce my sales… Because unable extended licenses will reduce my sales… It’s not my fault if Envato take bad decisions about licenses… Plus, just unable the option will have zero effect on the marketplace, nobody would know why, and the issue will still go on… But “protest movements” for me, it’s the better to say that something’s wrong… Imagine just one second if maybe like 80% of authors on AJ would have the same homepage image complaining about this issue… It will not make a good image for the marketplace. I really don’t want to get to that extreme point but i think it’s the best way for us to be heard by staff.

548 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

Imagine just one second if maybe like 80% of authors on AJ would have the same homepage image complaining about this issue… It will not make a good image for the marketplace. I really don’t want to get to that extreme point but i think it’s the best way for us to be heard by staff.

Imagine if 80% disabled Extended Licences along with a message on their profile saying get in touch to negotiate the terms for an Extended Licence? My point being, disabling Extended Licences out of principal helps raise the issue rather than saying you disagree with the terms, while offering the licence anyway in my opinion.

I expect you don’t like the idea of losing revenue from Extended Licences MP, me neither, but I don’t see how enabling Extended Licences while disagreeing with them helps this situation.

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
591 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Finland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
scoringaudiogeeks says

Imagine just one second if maybe like 80% of authors on AJ would have the same homepage image complaining about this issue… It will not make a good image for the marketplace. I really don’t want to get to that extreme point but i think it’s the best way for us to be heard by staff.

Imagine if 80% disabled Extended Licences along with a message on their profile saying get in touch to negotiate the terms for an Extended Licence? My point being, disabling Extended Licences out of principal helps raise the issue rather than saying you disagree with the terms, while offering the licence anyway in my opinion.

I expect you don’t like the idea of losing revenue from Extended Licences MP, me neither, but I don’t see how enabling Extended Licences while disagreeing with them helps this situation.

Well the situation is crap but since we “scoringaudiogeeks” are not top sellers, making aroundish 100 sales /month currently it won’t make a difference if we disable Extended licenses while all the top authors sell extended licenses. It just makes top sellers selling more since mediocre sellers have disabled some licensing options.

best way would be start selling videohive-projects and resell some top selling audio with ‘em :) or encourage videohive-authors to resell our music to emphasize more this matter :)

409 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
joesacco says

Somewhat related but not… Did anyone else receive the updated Envato contract that included something about a “Project Order” ? Can anyone else simplify what this contract means?

471 posts Think pink.
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pinkzebra says

As far as I know, the situation is not yet a problem. I don’t know of any VH items that embed a music track.

SO…now is the perfect time to adjust AJ’s policy on this and disallow it. It’s a very clean break right now, before it becomes a widespread problem and is more complicated to undo.

212 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
MusicPremium says

Well guys, the community is great but i think there are many different opinions on the subject as many different authors… So, i just brought an idea to move this issue… No probs if you disagree that. :)
I just realize that it will be difficult to act all together…
Hope that Envato could find a reasonable solution.
Good luck with that :)

942 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • United Kingdom
+1 more
AlumoAudio says

As far as I know, the situation is not yet a problem. I don’t know of any VH items that embed a music track. SO…now is the perfect time to adjust AJ’s policy on this and disallow it. It’s a very clean break right now, before it becomes a widespread problem and is more complicated to undo.

This is exactly how I see the situation at the moment too. I think that when the issue was first brought up, it was very easy for quite a number of us to get a little over emotional about it, especially as we already have bees in our bonnets over the pricing, rating systems and search engine issues, amongst others.

But after quite some thought on the issue, I really do think we’re now in a time of experiencing big changes in the world of RF music and how it operates, and there’s now quite a bit of evidence out there to support this fact.

This really is an event horizon situation that Envato needs to address and will need to be on top of it’s game to accommodate for this, or word will soon spread. Savvy producers and composers will just move on elsewhere to other marketplaces that don’t operate such policies, which ultimately devalue our creations and hard work . And as a result, quality will drop and sales will drop. Simple as that.

Right now, we composers are the ones feeling ‘done over’ but Envato really should do themselves a favour, and get this sorted asap.

1173 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Reviewer
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+8 more
garethcoker Reviewer says

Imagine if 80% disabled Extended Licences along with a message on their profile saying get in touch to negotiate the terms for an Extended Licence? My point being, disabling Extended Licences out of principal helps raise the issue rather than saying you disagree with the terms, while offering the licence anyway in my opinion. I expect you don’t like the idea of losing revenue from Extended Licences MP, me neither, but I don’t see how enabling Extended Licences while disagreeing with them helps this situation.
+1

Yeah, a lot of talk about disabling Extended Licenses here, but not many actually doing it. I don’t care about the potential revenue lost, someone else is welcome to it. If that person really wants to get the track, they will find a way to contact me and work out terms.

Besides, by keeping your extended license on, you’re just giving more money to Envato.

It’s the principle of it. If you don’t agree with the extended license terms, turn it off. But don’t complain about it, and leave it on, because it makes your argument look pretty weak.

by
by
by
by
by
by