• Elite Author
  • France
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
MusicPremium says

Additionally, if you think about it, a VH author could buy and include a $14 AJ track into a $15-$20 VH item, and it’s basically like giving it away for free, with no further benefits/sales for the author of the music. The VH author gets the continued benefit of extra value and sales at little relative expense, while the AJ author gets practically nothing. A single extended license sale certainly does not make up for potentially tens if not hundreds more regular license sales. In my opinion this use/behavior should be discourage by Envato as it is goes against the collaborative relationship between the sites and between authors.

On the other hand, GraphicRiver extended licenses are FIFTEEN times the price of a regular standard license, while here on AJ it’s only FIVE times the cost. I think there’s the real issue – raising AJ’s extended license prices would A ) make it much more equitable for us as authors to have our work resold as part of a stock template, and B ) make it a more significant investment for VH authors, so this practice doesn’t get easily abused. Not to mention it just needs to happen regardless…

You’re completely right SchwartzSound. First, there is no way for us to know who buy what… Secondly, in this case why not buying some Tim McMorris’s tracks in extended license and resell it directly in AJ ??? Come on, this is not serious… It should have special terms between AJ and VH licenses… Come on Envato, this is a major issue here. Please do something.

547 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

I’m really not happy to hear about this…

273 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+1 more
soundroll says

I think it is not smart for VH authors to buy an extended license for $70, and what if the buyer wants another music? So, VH author spended $70, but music is not usable.
But, of course, besides this, I think that we all (aj, vh, envato, buyers) win from the situation where VH authors just use the mp3 preview.

449 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
D_Cooper says

On the one hand we can buy sound fx with extended license and use it in our tracks, so Vh authors actually do the same.
From the other hand our tracks can be easily stolen from VH preview.
I think solution is:
01. Even if VH author bought extended license and include track, he must use watermarked version on VH preview.
02. VH reviewers must check if this track was bought by extended license (to protect against dishonest ?? authors)

293 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Belarus
DOGmotion says

Hi, AudioJungle! I see you start a hot topic. I don’t know is it allowed us (VH authors) to include AudioJungle tracks in projects. I think – NO, for one reason: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/375/70/extended-license-usage-examples “A sound effect from AudioJungle could be used in an After Effects project for sale.” There is nothing about tracks.

But I absolutly shure that I can put sound effects in my projects (reason above). I do it several times, and don’t feel myself guilty at all. Why?

1. AudioJungle watermark in sound effects sometimes unacceptable, especially when you use it with track which already has watermark, or you do a mix of several sound effects. It’s meen that any way you need to buy sound to use it normally.

2. Wasting time. You must get permission from AJ authour, wait while he(she) answers you. Then explain to the buyer where to get sound, and where to put it. With extended license you just buy sound and put it where you want and that is all.

3. If you use several sound effects it’s not seriously to put a list of links in the help file with words like ”...buy this sound here…and this you can buy here…”.

4. I don’t see any cross promotion in this case.

5. Sound effects extended license is very cheap.

PS: But any way I think that re-sell AJ tracks in VH projects is not allowed. And don’t see here any reasons to do that.

284 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
soundengine says

It’s definitely not allowed. Look at these clauses from the extended license agreement:

You may license, sub-license, sell, resell or re-distribute the Work or offer to do any of these things (together referred to as Resale) in the following circumstances:

• the Work is incorporated into a larger work you have created; or
  • if the Work is a template or software application, you use it alone to modify it and Resell it as an end product (that is, not as a tool, template, or stock item, and without source files); or
  • you use the Work alone as a Limited Re-Purposing, but only if: (A) you first obtain the permission of the author of the Work; and ( B ) the Resale of the second work is only made on an Envato marketplace. A Limited Re-Purposing means that you use the Work alone and modify it for Re-sale as a tool, template, or stock item, or with source files.

If you read the second clause carefully, it clearly states that you can’t sell it as a template, stock item, source file (= after effects project). You can sell it only as an end product (= a render of an after effects project).

Third clause explains the condition for selling it as a template, stock item, or source file. It’s called limited repurposing and it requires a permission from the author of the item that you want to use in your project.

228 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Germany
Boldtrax says
Actually found this , which should make it clear, that it is not allowed:
When you include the item in a larger project The larger project is usually not a template or stock item. Meaning, what you’re selling is meant for the end user, not something the buyer would modify and use in another project.

To be found here: http://notes.envato.com/general/extended-license-changes-part-1/

1545 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

Actually found this , which should make it clear, that it is not allowed:
When you include the item in a larger project The larger project is usually not a template or stock item. Meaning, what you’re selling is meant for the end user, not something the buyer would modify and use in another project.
. To be found here: http://notes.envato.com/general/extended-license-changes-part-1/

Thanks for clearing that up Dirk, this is good to know!

676 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Poland
FxProSound says

Hi, AudioJungle! I see you start a hot topic. I don’t know is it allowed us (VH authors) to include AudioJungle tracks in projects. I think – NO, for one reason: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/375/70/extended-license-usage-examples “A sound effect from AudioJungle could be used in an After Effects project for sale.” There is nothing about tracks.

But I absolutly shure that I can put sound effects in my projects (reason above). I do it several times, and don’t feel myself guilty at all. Why?

1. AudioJungle watermark in sound effects sometimes unacceptable, especially when you use it with track which already has watermark, or you do a mix of several sound effects. It’s meen that any way you need to buy sound to use it normally.

2. Wasting time. You must get permission from AJ authour, wait while he(she) answers you. Then explain to the buyer where to get sound, and where to put it. With extended license you just buy sound and put it where you want and that is all.

3. If you use several sound effects it’s not seriously to put a list of links in the help file with words like ”...buy this sound here…and this you can buy here…”.

4. I don’t see any cross promotion in this case.

5. Sound effects extended license is very cheap.

PS: But any way I think that re-sell AJ tracks in VH projects is not allowed. And don’t see here any reasons to do that.
Completely agree with you about using SFX in templates. That’s what extended license should be for. IMHO a person buying template or sth else with sfx included should be concious that he/she is allowed to use them only with this one template. Sometimes it’s not clear or not mentioned in template’s description :)
806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
Art-of-Sound says

There’s a contradiction between what is written in the Extended License terms and Extended License Changes. According to what you read in the Extended License:
You may license, sub-license, sell, resell or re-distribute the Work
if the Work is incorporated into a larger work you have created
The only restriction concerns templates and software applications :
if the Work is a template or software application you can’t sell it as a tool, template, stock item, or have the source files included.
It doesn’t say anything about music, so according to these terms one can use AJ music in video templates.

HOWEVER , the Extended License Changes – Part 1 article explicitly states that
The larger project is usually not a template or stock item. Meaning, what you’re selling is meant for the end user, not something the buyer would modify and use in another project.

So after all, extended license does not cover the use of AJ music files in videohive templates.

by
by
by
by
by
by