353 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
DOGmotion says

It seems to me that you are exaggerating the problem. Do you think that every VH author start buying an extended license of your music now? Understand, that it is not profitable, why author must buy something that he(she) need when he(she) can ask for it and use for free? Thousands of VH authors are asking you for permission to use music and they will continue to ask permission from you. And you will have free promotion. Of course, may be one or ten will buy extended license, but I think, you will not have much damage, you may even win. So, it’s my imho.

812 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

Okay, so regarding by this official statement by staff on videohive regarding the license changes: http://videohive.net/forums/thread/extended-license-changes-part-2/65723?page=4#583501

At first I though this could be an outdated post that was written prior to the extended license changes, but it’s not.
It was stated very clear in the Extended License Changes – Part 1 : The larger project is not a template or stock item. So either LanceSnider simply does not understand what he is talking about, or Envato on purpose keeps the terms as vague as possible.

481 posts Think pink.
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+6 more
pinkzebra says

It seems to me that you are exaggerating the problem. Do you think that every VH author start buying an extended license of your music now?

Imagine a VH author wants to gain an advantage and buys the extended license to MusicPremium’s “Your Little Planet Corp.” (which they couldn’t do now because he has disabled extended licensed). The VH author then includes it in the sale of his item. It becomes a successful item and now 15 other authors try the same tactic. If something works for one author, you can bet there will be many followers.

Then there will be 16 new ways to get MusicPremium’s great track without actually going through MusicPremium. After a while there will be 25. Then more. Huh? That is a completely screwed up scenario that is entirely plausible unless this loophole is closed by the Envato staff.

230 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Boldtrax says

I honestly don’t think that I am exaggerating here. There have been numerous discussions that the AJ pricing system has its flaws in comparison to the market and according to a recent staff reply these things will hopefully be addressed soon (licensing, PRO registwered tracks etc.), but making our work available for free (which it does mean in the end) has nothin to do with proper treatment of an authors work. I am definitely not talking about every VH author jumping on this opportunity, I even assume that the least percentage of aothors really would it do that way. What I am complaining about is, that it is officially supported by Envato – thats how I at least understand it so far. And this is something I simply can’t understand. This is really kickin authors work and value with feet. Sorry for the rant, but this is something a absolutely can’t understand. AJ has ever been a valuable place for me and I consider myself as a well not so bad selling author here – but this? Seriously , then I’ll buy extended AE projects , do a music for them and sell them here with my audio track. Kinda the same, isn’t it?

230 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Boldtrax says

On a last sidenote – promotion , ot credits don’t pay the bill – sales do. And it has always been a win win situation to relink to VH projects and back to AJ items. Don’t get it why a VH author now should be able to sell the music with his item…

353 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
DOGmotion says

It seems to me that you are exaggerating the problem. Do you think that every VH author start buying an extended license of your music now?

Imagine a VH author wants to gain an advantage and buys the extended license to MusicPremium’s “Your Little Planet Corp.” (which they couldn’t do now because he has disabled extended licensed). The VH author then includes it in the sale of his item. It becomes a successful item and now 15 other authors try the same tactic. If something works for one author, you can bet there will be many followers.

Then there will be 16 new ways to get MusicPremium’s great track without actually going through MusicPremium. After a while there will be 25. Then more. Huh? That is a completely screwed up scenario that is entirely plausible unless this loophole is closed by the Envato staff.

It’s not working in such way. First, music in projects don’t give any advantage, just look at VH marketplace to make sure. Then show me, please, at least one project which become popular because of greate music. If video is bad it will be bad with good music too. Then you are talking about 25 authors who will buy the exact same music as sheep. Are you living on the Earth?.. Any way, 25 extended licence it’s 125 regular licence… it’s profit!.. or you imagine that all that template become popular? I repeat, it’s not working in such way.

481 posts Think pink.
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+6 more
pinkzebra says

Then show me, please, at least one project which become popular because of greate music.
Are you living on the Earth?

I do, in fact, live on the Earth. :)

And on the Earth, music contributes greatly to the overall presentation of video. Otherwise we would watch movies, and VH projects, without any music needed at all to enhance the experience.

142 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
AudioMonks says

This is serious issue! We really want to hear the stuff answer. We just cant alowed it!

142 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
AudioMonks says

Then show me, please, at least one project which become popular because of greate music. Are you living on the Earth?

I do, in fact, live on the Earth. :)

And on the Earth, music contributes greatly to the overall presentation of video. Otherwise we would watch movies, and VH projects, without any music needed at all to enhance the experience.
+1
304 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
tunesurfers says

I’ve given it some thought and had to opt out of extended license. This is not necessarily about videohive authors. With these terms, authors from other video marketplaces over the web can buy top AJ tracks and include them in their after effects projects and sell unlimited number of copies elsewhere with whatever price they wish. What will happen to AJ then? Am I missing something here?

As an exclusive author, opting out of extended license is not a desirable solution as well but looks like we have to do it. I don’t like this at all.

by
by
by
by
by
by