2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
baranq says

Hi, i’m wondering why EX photos are so cheap? I think it’s unfair, with all respect, but to make professional photoshoot we need to buy expensive cameras, lighting, pay models, location, clothes etc. This price is very low… themeforest’s template which costs 4$ with regular licence, with extended licence it costs 450$, not 5$ to 45$ as for photos on photodune

45 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
stemlund says

I agree. An extended license should be worth more than $15. Especially because of this line in the extended license agreement

If the Work is used or incorporated in a work there is no restriction on the number of copies of that work that can be reproduced and distributed.

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Hi baranq & stemlund,

Thanks for your feedback, it’s appreciated. I’ll make sure to pass this along so your feedback is documented. :)

1614 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, it is quite a low multiple we’re using on PhotoDune, though before we make any changes, I’d like to see what the sales look like.

You should note however that you can opt-out of selling extended licenses by going to your settings page: http://photodune.net/user/your_username/edit and under “Licenses” you can untick the checkbox to remove that option.

Thank you for the feedback though, we’ll keep an eye on the price and what its effects are, for certain!

by
by
by
by
by
by