I’m working on a WordPress theme for ThemeForest, but a lot of the features would be good as plugins on CodeCanyon. But I’m worried that with the extended license, other authors could just include the plugin in their themes and my theme would lose some of its uniqueness and sales would suffer. Have authors experienced this effect on sales?
- United Kingdom
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- Exclusive Author
I don’t think you would care if you got an extended licence for a feature, because extended licences on ThemeForest are expensive.
You can always turn extended licences off anyway, from what I’ve heard they dont sell anyway.
Thanks for the reply. I’ve been on ThemeForest for a few years, but I never really checked out CodeCanyon until recently. That’s when I saw that extended licenses here are so cheap. That’s what worried me. I guess I’ll upload and see!