491 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says
So what i have to do will please told me. As i am not familliar about extended licence ues in a product i just this in this week.

Smartdatasoft, Here is a quote exactly lifted from the Envato support twitter account less than 12 hours ago. This is the answer you are waiting for:

Unfortunately no, an extended license doesn’t allow you to incorporate a CC item into another CC item.

If you want to use another’s item in an item for sales on CC like you have done, then the only way to do this is to contact the author and negotiate a profit share or one off payment, like any licencing agreement. If they don’t agree, then you can’t use it. Simple as that.

DOK

330 posts No! It's not a 5 minute job!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
WebFactory says

Buying an extended license and making a “new” item out of it – “not cool” to say the least and in my book something that shouldn’t be allowed without some strict guidelines.

Taking a preview image from the original item and using it as your own – that’s stealing! Not only are you using someone elses branding which is definitely not allowed you’re also leading customers to believe someone else is the author of that item. Again something that shouldn’t be done.

All in all I blame Envato for not having the guts to write specific guidelines and making things clear, and as for smartdatasoft – you should have asked the original author for his permission.

239 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
phpdude says

If you are talking about what I think you’re talking about, then Envato Support have answered it about 13 hours ago:

See this Tweet from them: https://twitter.com/#!/envato_support/status/144244413672067072

It appears your code isn’t the only thing that got moulded into that script, if that iss what you are talking about.

5325 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

@smartdata

Can you explain why the thumbnail is still the same? By ripping another author’s branding you are damaging their reputation.

731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

The tweet that has been referenced several times above was mine, and I was asking Envato support the question because of this very item. The item used the jQuery script from VF and also the exact admin layout from one of my portfolio items. Smartdatasoft and I have exchanged a few emails in regards to the issue, and he has agreed to change the admin layout enough that it is not my exact code, but ultimately, this is a pretty lame solution.

I’ve decided not to pursue the issue much further and just let support do what they do (hopefully). I’ve also talked to the reviewer and he said he was going to look into it.

731 posts
+7 more
mordauk says

My original comment on the item, that first brought it to the attention of the author that he can’t do this, was reported and now appears to have been deleted by support. Good job guys, definitely helping the issue . . .

1999 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

OMG ….

can please somebody hit the big red NUKE ITEM button to end this story ? i mean, before envato starts loosing creditibility to authors workin’ theirs asses to make Codecanyon Codecanyon.

67 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
smartdatasoft says
bitfade said
OMG …. can please somebody hit the big red NUKE ITEM button to end this story ? i mean, before envato starts loosing creditibility to authors workin’ theirs asses to make Codecanyon Codecanyon.

Yes i did this.:(

731 posts
+7 more
mordauk says
smartdatasoft said
bitfade said
OMG …. can please somebody hit the big red NUKE ITEM button to end this story ? i mean, before envato starts loosing creditibility to authors workin’ theirs asses to make Codecanyon Codecanyon.
Yes i did this.:(

Smart choice. What I would recommend to you now, is that you take what you have learned from this experience and build another slider plugin, but using purely your own work, or at least remember this for future items.

443 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
SplitV says

So is this how it’s going to work from now on? Is envato so scared of license issues that the comminity is left to try and police itself?

by
by
by
by
by
by