• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
50andJACK says

That’s an interesting thought.. but I guess TF authors arn’t as much in need for AD items as we often hope :(
true, i posted a thread about this a couple of days ago and nobody cared

I tend to agree with this, tf authors hate flash :D. Usually wp and html devs hate flash, for reasons I can’t understand. Maybe flash is too complicated to a lot of people :D. But it’s so worth it once you see what it’s capable of :)

- Fifty

4136 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

That’s an interesting thought.. but I guess TF authors arn’t as much in need for AD items as we often hope :(
Usually wp and html devs hate flash, for reasons I can’t understand.

What they don’t understand they don’t like, and its 1 less thing they need to learn

731 posts fifty_tons and CodingJack
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
50andJACK says

Usually wp and html devs hate flash, for reasons I can’t understand.
What they don’t understand they don’t like, and its 1 less thing they need to learn

true

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

I’m going to upload a video player with a WP admin panel. Maybe we should start doing that for certain components.

2075 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
LanceSnider says

Sorry, I just can’t get behind the idea of letting someone resell our work at the price of the extended license. Maybe we’d do another license type that’s much more expensive, but I really don’t like the idea of having your work sold 1000’s of times and used on 1000’s of sites for a 5 – 10x license.

1537 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
dSKY says

Sorry, I just can’t get behind the idea of letting someone resell our work at the price of the extended license. Maybe we’d do another license type that’s much more expensive, but I really don’t like the idea of having your work sold 1000’s of times and used on 1000’s of sites for a 5 – 10x license.

+1

715 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
majd_abdul says

How about file-based profit sharing?

ex: a TF author approaches an AD author and asks to integrate a component made by the AD author in his TF file, along with the source. In exchange, the AD author receives a fraction of the profit for each sale made on that file. The percentage can be decided upon by both parties and set accordingly in the Upload section ( Give 5% of each sale to user xxxx ).

Same method can be used for inclusion of music tracks in games, or any graphic/video in any other file from the various markets.

This is not a Collaboration, as it only applies to one file and one agreement between two or more authors.

1989 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says

Does not the Ext License already grants resale rights if item is included in bigger project ? i mean, not on envato but ….
715 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
majd_abdul says

Found an example of my suggestion. Newgrounds.com uses this method to let authors share revenue with external contributors to their projects, here’s what it looks like:

2075 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
LanceSnider says

Does not the Ext License already grants resale rights if item is included in bigger project ? i mean, not on envato but ….

Not as stock. Here’s the difference:

Ex 1: Someone buys a preloader, puts it in a game, and sells the game online. Though it’s being used by 100’s of viewers, it’s still just one project.

Ex 2: Someone buys a gallery, puts it in a Wordpress template, and sells it online. That means that preloader would show up on 1000’s of different sites on 1000’s of different projects. That breaks the single-project-use rule and is not allowed.

by
by
by
by
by
by