42 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Lamaci says

Hello,

can anyone help me with choosing best external audio card and microphone for podcasting? I’m starting new project (video tutorials) and i want to buy these components for better recording my voice. I want to clean voice without any noise or something :).

I don’t know how to choose external audio card and microphone. Also i want pop-up filter and microphone holder (i mean this http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51kgduaxz9L._SL1180_.jpg) Budget is something around 200e or higher but i will be happy with 200e :)

Thank you very much and sorry for my english :D

Regards, Lamaci

951 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
simaudio says

This is quite an old thread but I don’t see why it shouldn’t apply now, some good info here.

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/what-microphone-would-you-recommend/31312?page=1

hope it helps :)

86 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
JHungerX says

Hey Lamaci,

Have you thought about just using a USB microphone? It might be better from an ease of use perspective and also would be cheaper than buying a separate mic/interface. One that seems to get good marks, has gain controls on the mic itself as well as its own stand is the Blue Yeti (there’s a Pro version and a standard version, but for podcasting you can probably get away with the standard version): http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Yeti/.

As far as pop filters go, Stedman makes good ones, but they’re expensive for what they are. Here’s one I saw on Sweetwater for not too much: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PopFilter6/. Or you can just grab some pantyhose and a wire and make one for a couple of bucks that will be just as effective (but not pretty :)).

42 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovakia
Lamaci says

Thank’s for fast response :)

simaudio – thank you, i check it :)

JHungerX – i want to clean voice, so i don’t care about money :). My friend told me that i can’t achive best results without external audio card so some tips about that will be good :). Do you think that ONLY microphone will be enought? Without external audio card?

Regards, Lamaci

86 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
JHungerX says

JHungerX – i want to clean voice, so i don’t care about money :). My friend told me that i can’t achive best results without external audio card so some tips about that will be good :). Do you think that ONLY microphone will be enought? Without external audio card?

I guess it depends on what you’re looking for when you say best results, and how much you don’t care about money :). No, IMO any USB mic will not be a top of the line microphone, and will have its own converters that won’t be top of the line either. Also, I believe that the Yeti mic that I pointed to will only give you 16bit recording, which is not optimal for pro sound either (although I could be wrong. I’m pretty sure that the Pro version will do 24 bit recording, though). But you will get decent results (i.e. it’s a condenser mic and will pick up your voice clearly), whereas to get a large improvement you will be spending a lot more, and the setup won’t be as plug and play as using a USB mic.

But yeah, check out the link that Simaudio pointed to – I have a response there that would pretty much be the same as what I’d recommend here.

42 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovakia
Lamaci says

Thank you for your adive :). I have last question:

I have cheap audio card on motherboard, so when i plug USB microphone (YETI) it will be poor quality. Am i right? So, i need buy audio card anyway, no?

(sorry for my english)

Regards, Lamaci

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Art-of-Sound says

Not necessarily. For voice recording it should be sufficient. Microphone is the main component here.

42 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovakia
Lamaci says

Thank you :) i go shoping!

Regards, Lamaci

by
by
by