• Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
BrianCoyDesign says

I’ve been thinking about putting together an external library for a series of animated, customizable characters which could be used within other flash projects.

Most of the animation I see on the site is pre-animated. Would there be value to providing external libraries of mouths, character assets and other items? And if so would I be able to sell them here?

583 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SparkyFlash says

As long as the library is licensed under MIT or other license that allows redistribution, you are on the safe side. Of course, you would need to use any commercial library you always have the option of purchasing commercial license. Many authors here use Caurina Transitions library or other tween libraries. Make sure you read instructions on adding an external library to your project. You need to clearly state it in your documentation and in ‘Notes to reviewer’ field when uploading your file.

5313 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

I’m sure it would be quite valuable but from personal history files packaged as “classes” don’t sell that well. So I’d try creating a simple xml driven fla and market it that way.

583 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SparkyFlash says

Sorry, I got that wrong. I though you wanted to use external libraries not using your own. I’m here with CJ, classes don’t seem to sell well.

308 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
BrianCoyDesign says

ok let me see if I understand. Having a library of animated assets (sprites) isn’t as valueable as presenting an animated clip?

There would be no coding in the file just sprites that would be usable for creating custom animation and applying your own audio track.

5313 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

Ahhh, I think when you said “external library” I thought you meant code. Yeah, there’s a ton of stuff here that uses drag and drop animated MovieClips. Drag and drop is definitely the way to go for that. For sale I’d drag every one of them onto the stage so people can open the .fla and copy and paste or cut out the ones they don’t want to use. Just saw an example of this today (hot air balloons).

by
by
by
by
by
by