• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+5 more
AndySlatter Reviewer says
In other words, no sprinkles. ;) Full tracks or segments of full tracks.

As far as a relationship between customers and authors on freelance work goes, I think everything is perfect with the contact form on our den pages. Once contact is made about custom work there’s no reason to work through Envato. Freelance work is where we actually make a few bucks and giving up a cut of the stock audio is the price you pay for exposure. I bet anyone would tell you that getting jobs is more of the point. It’s not broken, it’s perfect the way it is. ;)

We also have to keep in mind that we have to be careful not to cheapen the stock audio market by selling our stuff too cheap. People tend to want to try and show value by selling something for far too less and they end up making their item look cheap because the price is too low. If you add too many sprinkles nothing changes because tracks are priced on length. This way there’s a level playing field and a clear difference is laid out between source files and tracks. Now the line is nice and clear.

Well explained! :)

98 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
dxvid says

i usually add in a ‘thank you for purchasing’ text file with my uploads, just to show some gratitude. this is an unnecessary file but i dont think this is the issue at hand, since its only a file that is 1kb added to the upload. if someone could clear this up as to if this is not allowed now due to the changes, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2666 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says
i usually add in a ‘thank you for purchasing’ text file with my uploads, just to show some gratitude. this is an unnecessary file but i dont think this is the issue at hand, since its only a file that is 1kb added to the upload. if someone could clear this up as to if this is not allowed now due to the changes, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Help / text / thank you files are allowed. :) The rule change applies to audio files only as explained elsewhere in this thread. :)

98 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
dxvid says

great! thanks…

688 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
robGD Volunteer moderator says

I think I’ll start doing that. Good idea dxvid.

by
by
by
by
by
by