731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

are these options only within the US?

I’m not sure. I’m pretty sure they’re only available on actual pages, not personal profiles.

633 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
UBLThemes says

are these options only within the US?
I’m not sure. I’m pretty sure they’re only available on actual pages, not personal profiles.

I cant do it on my fan page?

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

I do not get those options either, do you have to turn them on. I only have 100 likes though, could that be the reason?

You have to have at least 400 fans of your page / likes. Not sure if the count also effects your budget options but it looks like it might.

1411 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+7 more
Stylius says

I do not get those options either, do you have to turn them on. I only have 100 likes though, could that be the reason?
You have to have at least 400 fans of your page / likes. Not sure if the count also effects your budget options but it looks like it might.

I had less than 200 when I tried it and no, I’m not from USA .

• The options appears when you’re on the page, it says: “see your ad here”. Click on that and go further.
5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Isnt that different to the promote your post link though ?

+8 more
TylerQuinn says

I had less than 200 when I tried it and no, I’m not from USA .

* The options appears when you’re on the page, it says: “see your ad here”. Click on that and go further.

Like sportstips said that’s a normal ad not a promoted post. There’s no way to do promoted posts until your brand has at least 400 fans.

3723 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Moderator says

I have used it several times now and tracked good sales through to my personal store using Google Analytics.

Smaller campaigns (for me) that targeted just the fans of my page yielded better results than paying for the larger campaigns that also included my fans’ friends, which is logical with such niche products.

You have 5,000 likes on your Facebook page, out of the 50,000 people who may see your ad, how many of those will be interested in a premium PHP plugin?

How many of them will actually know how to use a computer past checking Facebook?

In my opinion, you’d get far more value for your money purchasing several small campaigns and targeting only the people who have already Liked your page.

After all, these people have liked your page because they like your brand, your products and probably ended up liking the page through testing one of your products.

They’re probably as ‘targeted’ as they could get.

Advertising to their friends will most likely be fruitless.

+8 more
TylerQuinn says

I have used it several times now and tracked good sales through to my personal store using Google Analytics.

Smaller campaigns (for me) that targeted just the fans of my page yielded better results than paying for the larger campaigns that also included my fans’ friends, which is logical with such niche products.

You have 5,000 likes on your Facebook page, out of the 50,000 people who may see your ad, how many of those will be interested in a premium PHP plugin?

How many of them will actually know how to use a computer past checking Facebook?

In my opinion, you’d get far more value for your money purchasing several small campaigns and targeting only the people who have already Liked your page.

After all, these people have liked your page because they like your brand, your products and probably ended up liking the page through testing one of your products.

They’re probably as ‘targeted’ as they could get.

Advertising to their friends will most likely be fruitless.

In this particular example it worked out great for me. I got 5x more clicks on the link I posted with a CPC of $0.16 cents. Also, I got 20 new fans, something that is not possible when you only promote to current fans. People who fan the page are most likely friends with other people in the industry, or at least into something related to it which is enough for me to get my posts in front of them :D

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
dotnetbeg89 says

It certainly is a new feature on Facebook but it isn’t showing any guides or tips on how to properly use it for marketing. I do hope Facebook puts up one such guide

121 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
rabidflash says

I can see it only on my personal profile and not on my other newer account. And I can see the option to pay only $0.30 promotion. I think it depends on how long do you have the account and also your location.

by
by
by
by
by
by