217 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
animike says

Has anyone had any luck sharing a page from Flash (AS3) where they were able to customize the title, default description and image that appears in the pop up facebook page? I’ve read almost every tutorial online and none of them seem to work.

I am able to get the correct link shared without a problem, but I am trying to customize what is appearing as pre-populated data (the title is being set by the Page Title of the page I am calling from). My swf is embedded on a page with a non Flash nav along with a footer and some other minor images and text, but I cannot even seem to access that information.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4128 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says
Has anyone had any luck sharing a page from Flash (AS3) where they were able to customize the title, default description and image that appears in the pop up facebook page? I’ve read almost every tutorial online and none of them seem to work.

I am able to get the correct link shared without a problem, but I am trying to customize what is appearing as pre-populated data (the title is being set by the Page Title of the page I am calling from). My swf is embedded on a page with a non Flash nav along with a footer and some other minor images and text, but I cannot even seem to access that information.

Not yet. There are a lot of bugs associated with facebook and AS3 . I’ve tried to make an AS3 like button, and have had a ton of obstacles on the way. Almost there, but still not there… :( Flash And facebook don`t get along to well.

270 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
magickaito says

share a flash page in facebook?

You can register an account in AddThis.com. plenty of documentations there.

In AS3 you just need to make a URLRequest to that specific URL provided by AddThis, with the correct parameters, then people can share the site on facebook in another tab.

AddThis provides analytics for you on how many people clicked.

Next thing is to make sure meta tags are written correctly in your webpage.

User this useful webpage provided by facebook to check your metatags http://developers.facebook.com/tools/lint/

4128 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

I am not trying to advertise here. But I made a file that is similar to what you are asking. Is This what you are looking for ? If the link is removed, check my portfolio. I have about 7 social sharing scripts that all use the system that shares the flash page automatically by picking up the link from the bar :)

My files use the code that you are talking about, I’ve searched for about a week for each individual social network to see how it works, and compile the link to be able to add descriptions as well.

magickaito I don’t think you’re allowed to use AddThis to flash. You’d be selling their code… and that’s not good. Regardless if the flash is yours, the main thing you are selling is basically their linkage code.

270 posts
  • Exclusive Author
magickaito says

Hi Enabled,

I am not an author here. I juz bought a few files… but checking out the forum daily.

So… don’t worry. I work on as3 full time though.

p/s: and u r right, i couldn’t make facebook like working in flash, (dunno how the damn youtube did it) if you found the solution one day, please share! :D

1988 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says
magickaito I don’t think you’re allowed to use AddThis to flash. You’d be selling their code… and that’s not good. Regardless if the flash is yours, the main thing you are selling is basically their linkage code.
you don’t need to use their code in order to use their service
swf sharing is possible on facebook but you need to have your domain whitelisted or else is not going to work.

3868 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
flashjunkie says

Its possible,

I set up a PHP redirection type service for this site…

http://tpet.co.uk

Go to one of the deeplinked preview pages and scroll down, next to the donation meter is a facebook button which uses a php file to populate the data based on my database content for that page.

Example page – http://tpet.co.uk/#/viewPost/id452

Pain in the ass but if you want im available freelance to help you set up a similar system.

Jay

217 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
animike says

Thanks guys. I’ve been playing with it for a while and seem to have found a solution that is working for me. Based on how I had set up my flash, it seems like it may have been a meta tag issue on the site I was looking to link to, but I won’t know for sure until I have the site live. Why can’t technology ever place nice?

CreativeAddiction
CreativeAddiction Recent Posts
Threads Started
160 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
CreativeAddiction says

We are uploading a file tonight that allows you to populate the facebook share page.

Each button has an XML file defining the Title, description, image and link to be shared!

As many buttons as you like in view at once, and the button counts the amount of times it is clicked :)

Uploading to the queue in around 15 minutes time (finishing help files)

Preview – http://cmsyourflash.com/fbshareandcount/

270 posts
  • Exclusive Author
magickaito says

nice utility creative addiction. :)

by
by
by