7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Albania
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
pvd21 says

Hey everyone. Here is what I am trying to understand about facebook timeline covers sold here. Explanation may take a while, so please bear with me.

There are covers sold in the “Facebook Timeline Covers” subcategory and despite them being, well, cover designs, they are presented with titles such as “facebook timelines” or “super-cool timeline”. To my view (and I hope to yours too) it is a technically misleading title although it does not affect the actual sale of the item whatsoever.

The design sold pertains to a specific section of facebook’s timeline. Note that by timeline we collectively mean cover, stories and apps. We do not mean just the cover. And so I return to ask my question… Is this a new trend to call covers as just “timelines”, or is it a mistake/omission that 1 person did when such designs first appeared here and was carried out until now by newcomers? Of course the sellers retain the right of naming their product as they wish, but honestly someone would expect more proper naming and less copy-pasting from a service such as Envato that pays attention to standards and quality. The timeline <-> cover misunderstanding can even be seen when a lot of authors sell cover designs and yet do not tag it with the word “cover”, just “timeline” (which it isn’t).

Before anyone jumps and tells me that it is how experienced authors or whatever work or that they know better, I should tell you that I am relatively new to selling here, but I am a veteran customer, web designer and developer. As such, I understand that mistakes in naming can be made here and there, but this is massively misused as a new norm. This was brought to my attention just recently as I created something small to sell over here concerning timeline-like story frames.

Furthermore, is there no check from reviewers when the title is concerned? If I want to sell the design of a tree and I name it forest, do I pass? If I do, then it is very interesting stuff :P. People can just design a single tree and name it forest or jungle etc. If I don’t, I should assume that such restrictions should fall upon the before-mentioned naming trend.

I am curious about any replies explaining this to me. I might be wrong. Please enlighten me about timelines and their correlation to covers :). Thank you for your time.

7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Albania
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
pvd21 says

So there have been no replies for any clue as to my raised concern. I am requesting a staff reply solely for an answer regarding whether item title checks by reviewers are/should/should-not be made when obvious misconceptions between naming and actual design exist.

1731 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
gbs says

Haven’t seen your threads last days, guess it was buried under tons of threads complaining about the review process :). I think that reviewers know about this, but it’s not a clear reason for soft-rejection of the timeline cover items. On the Envato side they stated the category “Facebook Timeline Covers” so I guess that’s enough for them. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by