1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
eugenica says

I purchased both Shapeshifter and Temptation WP themes from ThemeForest and am unable to install either of them. The error message that comes up for both is “The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.”

Any idea why this has happened or what i can do to fix? If there is no fix, can i get my money back?

7200 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

you can start by contacting the authors of those themes either in the comment area of the items, or from their profile page. Some of the authors have external support forums where you can find help. Just read the item description.

You can get a refund off course, but based on the sales of those themes the chances of the items being faulty are slim. You can get a refund only if the item doesn’t work as advertised.

ProgressionStudios
ProgressionStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
221 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • United States
+4 more
ProgressionStudios says
FirestormGraphics
FirestormGraphics Recent Posts Threads Started
38 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
FirestormGraphics says

try unzipping using different software, install via ftp rather than wordpress lame uploader, check download package for the style.css and make sure you upload the correct folder :) good luck

1 post
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
lagrubb says

I’m having the same problem with Wordpress Longpage. I’m redownloading as they tell me the stylesheet isn’t there. I’m not prepared to buy a new unzipper – this should just work and I’m rather disappointed. I have uploaded via FTP but still not having any luck. I have contacted the author and guess I shall have to wait for a response. Feel like I wasted $50 and a whole day’s work messing around with this. If anyone can help or make clear detailed recommendations I would be most grateful

3445 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

I’m having the same problem with Wordpress Longpage. I’m redownloading as they tell me the stylesheet isn’t there. I’m not prepared to buy a new unzipper – this should just work and I’m rather disappointed. I have uploaded via FTP but still not having any luck. I have contacted the author and guess I shall have to wait for a response. Feel like I wasted $50 and a whole day’s work messing around with this. If anyone can help or make clear detailed recommendations I would be most grateful
You have to first unzip the package that you downloaded. Inside it you will see the theme! Don’t blame the author if you didn’t even check to see where is the theme.
by
by
by
by
by
by