27 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
pctechtv says

Hi, happy holidays! Could someone guide me to information and possibly products that have the ability to use any type of web video you choose. I am trying to understand how video players (Youtube would be a good example) send video content via Flash and jQuery players that play HTML5 video. I have heard the term Flash fallback, and can’t understand why the fallback would be Flash when I would think it should be falling back on HTML5 when a device other than a computer is accessing it. I was under the impression that with all of the HTML5 video improvement Flash is still the most robust multimedia available when the device can use it. I am aware that the iPhone, iPad, and other popular phones can’t view Flash. Even link to training for how this done and the best practices would be a great help. Thanks

1476 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Maybe this will help you: http://www.videojs.com/

1550 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

Youtube, vimeo etc use iframes to deliver video, meaning that they will decide what type of video player to deliver. While some android web browsers can play flash content, html5 is a much better solution for handheld devices.

27 posts
pctechtv says

Do you mean <iframe> the HTML tag? If so I am trying to find out how it makes this decision. I was thinking based on a CSS media query? Thanks for the reply.

1550 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

As far as I know, it’s probably testing for html5 video capability via javascript.

27 posts
pctechtv says

How does one determine a method of what some(like) YouTube are using for there player? How did you detect the <iframe> thing? I did check out what the OriginalEXE posted and it is a great find. I mean to start building your own type of player/delivery, but I would still like to know how to determine which features I am looking at. Thanks

27 posts
pctechtv says

Maybe this will help you: http://www.videojs.com/

Thanks for showing that!!!

by
by
by
by
by
by