• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
johnnybd says

Here’s a fantasy, thought it would be nice to hear some opinions There are so many ways out there to watch videos (Youtube, vimeo, etc) that are far superior to the Videohive JW Player (or whatever its called) Would there ever be a way to just embed them into the Item description rather than being forced to use the built-in one?

It seems just too buggy from over here (very slow streaming), it could shorten the process instead of compressing an FLV and waiting for it to upload you’d just send a link and wait for it to be approved…

Is it just me or do others here have “issues” with the current player / technology used to stream our previews?

1256 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
graphic4444 says

i use jwplayer myself on all my sites, it’s the best flash video player in the world… :) I’d bought dozens from activeden and tested other commercial ones, jwplayer is the best though

280 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
johnnybd says

then it must be a server issue, for some reason youtube or vimeo videos stream way faster for me… Thank you for your input.

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Hey Johnnybd,

I don’t think this is something we’d ever implement. Since we require certain specifications within our preview (watermark, format, resolution), allowing embedded previews from elsewhere would make it impossible for us to enforce these specs. Anyone would be able to upload a video with the watermark showing, and then later on just replace it to not have the watermark. In all cases the watermark is there for your protection, but you’d be surprised to find out how many people hate the watermark and would rather not use it. :)

In terms of streaming issues, it could be caused by a server hiccup. But then again I’ve only experienced slow loading times on VH previews maybe three times since it’s been live. And all of those times were actual bugs in the system that were fixed pretty quickly. But on the flip side, I have a 50Mb down connection and I’ll sometimes visit YouTube videos and have trouble getting them to load more than a few seconds in the beginning.

458 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Malta
NeuronFX says

I never had a problem watching videohive previews, they always worked great for me.

507 posts
  • Europe
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
5p1r17 says

I have optical 100mbit connection, but almost always have problems with VH previews(slow buffer loading) :(

1530 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
dorde says

About current player:

Old VH player was better (full screen option and better looping). I don’t miss full screen option, but some buyers missing it, and buyers are always right. :D For me is better to watch video in current resolution than stretched video to 2 or 3 times bigger resolution.
For me current player is bad only when I’m looking for looped animations, I need to download flv and to check in ae or other software if it’s properly looped :/

280 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
johnnybd says

I have optical 100mbit connection, but almost always have problems with VH previews(slow buffer loading) :(

Thank you so much for saying that, started to feel like the only nut job around this place! good to know we’re together on this.

1256 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
graphic4444 says

I’d like fullscreen – definitely. it would be much better if VH would simply html-tag enable fullscreen viewing, it’s just a html code setting, for the jwplayer, it’s easy.

<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
580 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+4 more
flashato says
I thing that 3 concepts are true: