56 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
cj29 says

Is there a FAQ ? I am interested in purchasing and customizing a file but do I need to own Abobe CS4 ?

Thank you

4905 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Is there a FAQ ? I am interested in purchasing and customizing a file but do I need to own Abobe CS4 ? Thank you

There isn’t any category specific FAQ ’s that cover the things you’re asking, but I agree there should be. I’ll see about getting something like that going.

Regarding your actual question, it really depends on the section you’re buying from. Here’s a quick breakdown.

After Effects Project Files
These are project files that can be customized. Generally anything can be changed, if you know how to do it. But for the most part, changing text and placeholder images/videos is usually all that’s needed. All project files require you to have Adobe After Effects installed in your machine, and it’s important to check the Software Version compatibility on the sidebar of the item page for any item you’re looking to buy. For the most part, if you have a recent version of After Effects, you’ll be fine to get any project that states it works with previous versions. But if you have CS4 , you won’t be able to use projects made in CS5 , CS5.5 or CS6 .

Motion Graphics
While some customization is possible with motion graphics, like changing hues or using filters to modify the look of these, they’re just rendered animation files. They’re meant to be used within a larger project. But will not have preset text compositions or placeholder support. Picture these as just quicktime video files that you could import into your editing program and layer into your project.

Stock Footage
Again, these are just footage clips, that are provided in MOV containers. No specific software is needed, and these will be able to be imported and used with all of the standard editing programs.

Cinema 4D Templates
This is a section like After Effects Project Files. But in this case you’ll need to have both Maxon’s Cinema 4D installed as well as After Effects. Customization work on these projects can be a bit more difficult and I’d suggest getting started in After Effects projects until you’re comfortable.

Hope that helps :).

7290 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

There isn’t any category specific FAQ ’s that cover the things you’re asking, but I agree there should be. I’ll see about getting something like that going.

That will be great :)

1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Jwilson1420 says

FAQ please

by
by
by
by
by
by