1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
heuermann says

I’m not quite sure what I did but now I can’t even log into the dashboard for my site. I don’t know how to write html and I think I tried changing something that caused this. If anyone could help me with this issue that would be great, thanks.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/content/94/8787194/html/wp-content/themes/ares/lib/admin-default.lib.php on line 64

3429 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
sevenspark Envato team says

That means that a process is taking too long to complete – it’s probably in an infinite loop if it’s taking longer than 30 seconds

Two things:

1. You probably have a bad plugin installed. You should be able to disable them by either renaming or (temporarily) deleting them in your plugins folder via FTP. Doing this one-by-one should allow you to determine what is the problematic plugin

OR

if you think it was something you edited in the theme, restore the original theme file, or temporarily switch back to the default theme

2. You can increase your timeout if you wish http://www.clickonf5.org/11921/solution-for-wordpress-php-error-maximum-execution-time-of-30-seconds-exceeded/

but obviously you don’t want it to take 30 seconds for your site to load, so you should still resolve the plugin (or possibly theme) issue

Hope that helps! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by