1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

I have this weird kind of fear when I read item requests or freelanceswitch.. If they need something I haven’t done before it alerts me in some way and eventually I end up letting the project go and doing nothing at all. This fear is also blocking me in finding a job, but I prefer freelancing so it doesn’t matter that much.

I should realize that when I create something for the marketplaces it’s also mostly something that I’ve never done before (except some cases). And I actually like that when life throws problems at me (normal problems – not cashflow problems, no real-life problems) and I have to solve them by doing something new. I like to experiment. If a client asked me that they need real time video streaming that is available once the customer has paid via paypal I wouldn’t take it. But in fact I worked with media servers and paypal independently, so why not try it? Chances are I could do it. But I feel like that’s not enough. If I’m not sure then it’s no good for me :(

So I fear that I wouldn’t be able to make it and I don’t want to get embarrassed. Do any of you felt something like this too? How to change my mindset/attitude?

1030 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says

Take a deep breath, hold your nose and dive into the ocean :) It’s scary for the first time but when you take the jump once, you will come to realize there was no reason to be scared in the first place.

Trust me, the ocean is sweet! :D

Btw, this saying only applies if you know what you are capable of in a period of time. :) And since you probably have some experience, you shouldn’t have any problems with that.

417 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Sharky says

Under promise and over deliver. That works wonders.

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

If you cant handle it you don’t do it .
You don’t experience your skills on costumer payment if you are not sure if you can do the job, your best assets is your name, damaging your name because you couldn’t handle a job is something that will be hard to maintain back on creditability.

Usually I don’t have any fear because its hard to surprise me when it come to flash but skills come with experience i guess, or if you have people that can back you up on your work .

Usually the best way to practice your fear is if you can handle a time frame on your work, for two side buyer and developer first thing i say before price is time work frame, i say OK i will delivered in 3-4 days or a week cut to chase you want or not , if yes… then i name the price save me a lot of time from people who try to guess how much i charge and then they are gone and wasting my time

3007 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
TNL3542 says
You don’t experience your skills on costumer payment if you are not sure if you can do the job, your best assets is your name, damaging your name because you couldn’t handle a job is something that will be hard to maintain back on creditability.

Usually I don’t have any fear because its hard to surprise me when it come to flash but skills come with experience i guess, or if you have people that can back you up on your work .

Usually the best way to practice your fear is if you can handle a time frame on your work, for two side buyer and developer first thing i say before price is time work frame, i say OK i will delivered in 3-4 days or a week cut to chase you want or not , if yes… then i name the price save me a lot of time from people who try to guess how much i charge and then they are gone and wasting my time

well i have my own freelancer we have a great friendship.. he has never let me down and ive never let him down.. when it comes to money.. i make sure he gets it.. so i do with out other things that needed to be paid and we keep in contact almost everyday either by email.. or talking on messanger

3889 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
miseld says

well i have my own freelancer we have a great friendship.. he has never let me down and ive never let him down.. when it comes to money.. i make sure he gets it.. so i do with out other things that needed to be paid and we keep in contact almost everyday either by email.. or talking on messanger

I respect that!

Bravo, hats off!

3007 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • United States
TNL3542 says

I respect that!

Bravo, hats off!

thanks :) so good luck to the other freelancers out their..i know your all here to make the cash and also provideing a good quility product/service if i was a author.. i would be doing the same thing that your doing.. even though i have a full time job

1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

I just found out that there is a book called how to be a rockstar freelancer, written by the founders of envato. Gotta check it out I guess ;)

3007 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • United States
TNL3542 says
I just found out that there is a book called how to be a rockstar freelancer, written by the founders of envato. Gotta check it out I guess ;)

cool :)

753 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
AdamGold says

+1 You’re so right.

by
by
by
by
by
by