4670 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

+1 for email notifications on file updates – if buyers don’t want this they can opt out in their profile settings, problem solved.

1312 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
LGLab says
+1 for email notifications on file updates – if buyers don’t want this they can opt out in their profile settings, problem solved.

+1 too!

195 posts Aivah
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
AivahThemes says

+1 for the updates Idea but I would request one more thing. That is the item discussion page when a use posts something on the item page the author should get an email for the queries asked over the item description page. This should be added with optin system where author want to enable email notification for the comments posted on their item page or not.

Sorry for my bad english but I think this will help a lot to authors who visits on their items page everyday or everyhour or so to check whether someone needs help or comments etc.

4670 posts Love & Light
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

@system32…email notifications when users post comments would be a bit excessive – you can use your RSS comment feed for the same purpose : http://www.themeforest.net/feeds/user_item_comments/system32.atom

120 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
cdavidson says

yeah just slap ur rss comments feed on google homepage or somthing like i do to see if there are comments.

but request is for actualy letting buyers know that a file has been updated. as of now theres no way to tell them apart from the description or comments but very few will follow your comments feed or keep checking the description.

409 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
arctic_ark says

Wouldnt this enable the sellers to copy all of their purchasers emails & build their own lists to market too?

120 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
cdavidson says
Wouldnt this enable the sellers to copy all of their purchasers emails & build their own lists to market too?

not if there emails are hidden from the authors and only gets sent out when an update has been accepted. that way it cant be abused.

and as others have said offer the option to opt out for those few that dont like to get emails.

195 posts Aivah
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
AivahThemes says

Thanks digitalscience for the help Will sure check that.

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

+549621611

I think this would be a great feature, otherwise how would a buyer know a file has been updated, unless they periodically check your item page (highly doubtful they do), I think also letting a buyer opt-in to a new item notification email at the same time might not be a bad idea either

Like DS said as long as you give them the option to opt out, everyones happy

To the people that will argue the RSS feeds for item notifications, not everyone uses RSS …but everyone uses email if they’re buying things on the web

97 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
magillu says

As a Buyer, I say no to this idea. I guess from an Author’s POV this can seem like a great idea, but speaking for myself I hate receiving extra e-mails I don’t need and even if there was a way to disable it, you would still get complaints from more people than praise.

Why doesn’t Flashden just implement some sort of site notification system when you log in here that tells you a file in your Downloads section has been updated? It can be something as small as Adding a “Downloads” link next to “Bookmarks” and having the text turn orange. That way all things FD related are kept here where they belong.

by
by
by
by
by
by