• Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Yeah, I agree that I don’t think allowing authors to email buyers because it could get abused.

I think this could be achieved by just allowing buyers to subscribe to files. And have the system automatically send an email when an update on the file is approved.

20 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
brandon93s says

It wouldn’t turn into a spamming tool if you the buyer could choose “I want updates!” when they buy a product. Then, when and only when an update is uploaded the author can send a “message” containing update materials. They author never sees the emails, it is all handled by envato.

OR

You could simply implement an updates section in a users profile when they login it says “updates have been uploaded for this product, click here to see what the updates include!” ...or is this already how it works? ;) I’m new. haha.

8194 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
...but speaking for myself I hate receiving extra e-mails I don’t need and even if there was a way to disable it, you would still get complaints from more people than praise. Why doesn’t Flashden just implement some sort of site notification system when you log in here that tells you a file in your Downloads section has been updated? It can be something as small as Adding a “Downloads” link next to “Bookmarks” and having the text turn orange. That way all things FD related are kept here where they belong.

Thats a neat idea but that requires you to come and visit “regularly”. However if a user who only buys one or two things and then goes but chooses to recieve updates (by default toggled off) they may come back and buy more files… thats more revenue for authors and FD and the user chose to subscribe so that would cancel out your anti comments :)

I also hate recieving extra emails but if its toggled off dy default then its no issue. You’d also be able to toggle it on and off at your demand… :)

Better?

152 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
new says

Great IDEA ! It should be one of those checkboxes that say, “get email from user for an update?” How could that possibly be spammed? As an author you don’t personally get the email, it would be stored in a database that the author has no access to, and everytime they update the file an engine sends out an email to the users in the database stating that the file they have purchased has a new update. And to update a file it takes 2 days. I’m getting spam from someone who is updating a file every 2 days OOooooOooooh. Flashden would have it so that it can detect when someone is updating the file, not the description. Its easy to understand why and how this can be a useful feature.

+1

33 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
lovecoredesigns says

I’m not fussed about this, but I think it would be good. it will create awareness of new items being released, with possible sales from existing customers. I have a few favorite sellers on the evato network as they do amazing stuff – so I personally wouldn’t mind seeing their latest stuff!

So maybe an automatically generated email is sent as soon as a new item has been released from a seller in the members’ “favorite authors” page (which I think we should all have).

arquitectostyles
arquitectostyles Recent Posts Threads Started
153 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Mexico
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
arquitectostyles says

yeah auto notifications sounds good. Let envato take care of the notifications. Its safer if they did, then letting the author send out emails.

+1 for this thread

595 posts THINK DIFFERENT
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
Generator says

+1 (‘cept I suggested this last week to support and party line seems to be it could turn into spam). I was coming from the pov of offering buyers assistance (eg with AE project files), if it was needed.

by
by
by
by
by
by