- Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Won a Competition
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 1-2 years
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
If for example I do got 200 sales, means I got 200 clients, and for example what I did before is PSD templates, and some of clients bought them, why can’t I contact them that I did HTML version, so they might buy it maybe… ? would be really useful
Or another things is for example I do have 60 sales of my one html template, I did new update again and it’s really good, why I can’t contact all my customers … to announce it?
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Community Ambassador
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Was featured in a podcast
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Beta Tester
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
Hi pixeful, I believe the main reason is to protect buyer’s privacy. It is believed that authors can/will abuse such system in order to “spam” buyers.
At the moment, authors do have their own workaround, varying from sending out newsletters, updating their item profile, item thumbnail (seen in the Downloads page), to announcing it through social media networks and personal websites.
Of course, things can change in the future, alternatives can be implemented, but for now, this is how it works. Either way, your feedback is always appreciated. Keep it up.
Envato’s policy, buyers privacy.
// And DzincStudio beat me…