• Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

I know there are a billion and one threads complaining about some Marketplace features, but rest assured, this is not a complaint, simply a couple of ideas I’ve had for a while now and things I’d like to invite discussion about.

Unified Marketplace landing page

This is an idea I had for when affiliate marketing. It could be nice to have a single landing page to send traffic to when mentioning ‘the Envato Marketplaces’, something like the Chistmas landing pages for example.

When writing about the Marketplaces, I sometimes think there is a missed opportunity for referrals, as linking to one of the Marketplaces on their own I think could result in a larger bounce rate if the users aren’t interested in that single marketplace which you choose to link to. (for example, if you’re writing on a general freelancer forum or blog, there will be designers, developers, musicians etc, and linking to Photodune, it would be unlikely for them all to realise the other marketplaces straight away)

However, if there was a unified page which described each marketplace, they easily see the variety on offer and could choose the one that suited them, hopefully resulting in lower bounce rates and a higher sign up rate.

General email & Support email address

I have recently started using a support ticket system (ZenDesk) and tailored it to be mainly email based. I can use it to unify all the support requests and enquiries from my multiple websites.

I want to hook it up to my Envato account to manage support requests for my items as well, but this means comment & forum reply will also be converted into support tickets.

Whilst for the majority of people this will not be an issue, as I am quite active on the forums I do end up subscribing to a lot of threads.

It could possibly be a good feature to have the ability to define a forum / comment reply email and a Support request email.

This way only support requests would be turned into tickets, something that could also be very useful for those who have Support staff helping them with their items.

So, just a couple of thoughts, discussion welcome :)

3748 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

However, if there was a unified page which described each marketplace, they easily see the variety on offer and could choose the one that suited them, hopefully resulting in lower bounce rates and a higher sign up rate.
http://envato.com/
3717 posts Community Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
+4 more

Yeah but Envato.com won’t track your referrals.

And still, it would be better if there was a single page just dedicated to the Marketplaces and describing them. ‘Envato-Marketplaces.com’ or something, Envato.com has a lot of other information on it that could confuse people.

5857 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ It would become like oxymoron. If someone lands these marketplaces, it is mostly to get digital stuff specific to their industry (graphics, photo, theme, code, music, video etc). If they land on a general page, most probably it would be difficult to make them feel reached right place. I am pretty sure new members puts the initial effort of logging-in here to download specific files (that matches their current needs) rather than just looking around how many branch-marketplaces are here.

Affiliate channel has potential only when it focuses connecting right people to right source. Not all to every.

• Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
+4 more

Affiliate channel has potential only when it focuses connecting right people to right source. Not all to every.

Very true, but I mean it would be useful for when posting on general freelance sites where there are a mix of disciplines

3007 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
TNL3542 says

Very true, but I mean it would be useful for when posting on general freelance sites where there are a mix of disciplines

how do you like useing zendesk?

• Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
+4 more

It’s pretty awesome

• Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
+4 more

it pulls all the messages and wall posts from your Facebook pages and twitter accounts and turns them into an email for you, you reply via email and it posts on facebook or messages back as you – sweet.

3007 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
TNL3542 says

was it hard to set up? im useing kayako live chat and getting feeds from twitter

PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts Threads Started
144 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
PatrickAThompson says

I’ve got an idea that I’d love to see…

On my dashboard, under ‘fun facts’, it tells me a few…. fun.. facts…

Where I rank in the overall authors on Envato.. Where I rank on Audiojungle.. How much more I need in sales to get my next paw.. When my last sale was, and for how much.. When my last approval was… Etc…

I like to know these things, because it serves as an inspiration tool to work even harder.

So, I guess my suggestion would be to make these motivational notes a staple on author’s dashboards… So one doesn’t have to refresh his browser 20 times to find out the info…. not that I do that :)... but I do.

Thanks for your ears!

by
by
by
by
by
by