6 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
parmenides says

Hello to all, I’m new here on Codecanyon and I have just released my first plugin. I wanted to ask is it OK to promote the features of the plugin that I’m currently working on and that will soon be a part of the plugin. I feel conflicted about this because I’m eager to show a glimpse of what is to come but still it feels like it’s not fair for me to talk about something that is not there yet. Other thing that comes to mind is that it just might put off someone from buying it now. Do you have any opinion on that.

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

I probably wouldn’t promote them on the description page, as that could confuse buyers, but if you have a bunch of people asking for a certain feature in the comments, there’s nothing wrong with saying “xyz feature will be added in the next update”.

1730 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
SamBerson says

I probably wouldn’t promote them on the description page, as that could confuse buyers, but if you have a bunch of people asking for a certain feature in the comments, there’s nothing wrong with saying “xyz feature will be added in the next update”.

+1 – been wondering this too :)

by
by
by
by
by
by