- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Referred between 100 and 199 users
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Exclusive Author
Okay, my theme got rejected again, third time. You can’t believe how disappointed I am now. I’m so unmotivated…
Now I got nearly the same rejection-message as first time.
1. Your template has a good start but, as we have high standards, you will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics and aspects such as typography, graphics, and spacing.
2. There are a few inconsistent spacing/padding issues throughout the design. I’d like you to go over it with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues.
3. Overall template’s typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest. The template will need also improvements in visual hierarchy primarily using typographic elements such as headings.
4. Try to make your template’s design more unique. Adding features, options and styles will help increase your template’s value and increase its ability to be approved. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.
5. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the template may just swing the decision in your favor. Right now, it doesn’t feel like a premium design.
I really don’t know, what I should improve… I asked a lot of persons and all said me, that they would definately buy this theme, because they like it.
I put so much work into this theme! All the work should not be in vain. But I don’t think, I’m able to improve it more. Or do you have any suggestions? I am at my wit’s end.
I’m glad my suggestions were able to help you… I have a few suggestions still for you.
+ I think the columns on the homepage are great and hopefully they are customizable (can change how many there are; 2, 3, or 4 columns).
+ Somehow the Contact Us page seems different. I thought the original layout for the contact us page was excellent… Now it seems a bit more generic. Still very clean, but now not so interesting as before.
+ I think the Pricing Table page is an excellent function to offer… nicely laid out.
+ I like the way the font works through out the body of the site, but I still don’t like the way it looks in the navigation menu or as links. That harsh shadow effect really takes it out of 2011 and drops it back to the mid 90’s.
+ Again, this is my personal opinion, but I would much rather have a smooth transparent background for the drop down menus than what is currently there. The current shadow/highlight effect gives it a rough feel and a bit of a distraction. Maybe a simple transparent background in one of the blue tones from the footer would be nice. Simple, flat, straight lines.
+ I still not a fan of the three center circles, but I don’t dislike them either. Personal vibe. I prefer a larger image there on my business sites so I can highlight important products or brands.
+ Lastly, as long as the top header “stripped” graphic is customizable, then I’m good with it. If I were to buy this theme for one of my brands, I would remove/replace that right away.
Overall I think it is still very nice. The truly last thing I would suggest, coming from a potential business related theme buyer, is that the links on the homepage actually show me what the site can do. On the homepage first main story, the link leads to a portfolio example. As a shopper, I’d want it to go the the rest of the article whether it be a page or a posting, and not to another example of something else… Hopefully that makes sense.
Good luck and I hope you make many, many sales!