38 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
iKreateIt says

Hello everybody,

after having submitted two files for review which got rejected (they were of a completely different style than this one, though), I thought I might make use of this excellent community and ask you for feedback on my most recent design.

It’s obviously supposed to target lawyers or law practicing companies. I tried to keep it clean and elegant and not put too many things on it. But I think it’s still lacking that “special thing” that would make it pop. Still, I am worried that I will put too many ‘fancy’ elements and styles in there and take away the simplicity I am trying to achieve.

I would appreciate your feedback a lot as to what I can do to improve it or – if anyone wants to look into the crystal ball – as to how good my chances are of it getting accepted.

http://worksamples.ikreateit.com/lawyer_v2.jpg (Screenshot is reduced in size and exported with only 80% quality)

Thanks for reading and commenting! goes and cowers in the corner, waiting for criticism to hail down

1040 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
Pixelworkshop says

Hi,

The first thing I saw is the margin between the red text and the “welcome” text box, smaller than the others. Maybe the shadow borders are too big, or too strong, I think there would be something to do between the background and the content. Which font is it (the preview is a bit small) ? Georgia would be good in my opinion. Have you thought about buttons like “read more” ?

The color scheme is really good for me, this theme is very clean and nice, it could be great with some more details !

Good luck !

38 posts
  • Located in Germany
iKreateIt says

Hi Keliah,

thanks for the feedback. Yes, you are right, the space between the text box and the light brown text above (contact details) is too small. That has slipped my eye, I will fix it.

The fonts I used are Times New Roman for normal text, Exmouth for the flourished letters and believe it or not – Windings for the nice ampersand.

I have not included any “Read more” buttons or links since I am not sure they would be appropriate for these kinds of business/sites.

And I am looking into the details … not sure yet as to what exactly to put in without overloading it but emphasizing the overall impression.

Thanks again for your time, Keliah!

118 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
LegitDesigns says

Hmm looks good just needs minor changes.

1. The background: maybe try to change it or something I’m not liking it it just doesn’t flow right for me.

2. Outerglow on the page: It is just to black try reducing opacity or toning it done some.

3. Add more content?: It just seams plain and.. hmm I’m not sure just something is missing content wise.

Overall: the design I coulnd’t find myself using and here is why: Its just not as modern as some would say. It ihas more of an older look at it. Not saying that is a bad thing at all everything has its own style and taste and certainly this is unique compared to most themes listed here on ThemeForest.

Good luck though and don’t give up! Happy Holidays - LegitDesigns

38 posts
  • Located in Germany
iKreateIt says

Hello LegitDesigns,

thank you for your feedback!

Yeah, the background is not thrilling me as much as I originally thought. Need to look into it. Will probably change the colors and make it more subtle. You are absolutely right about the side shadows being too dark. I will lighten them up.

About the overall style: since I want to address lawyers and law practicing companies, I went for a much more traditional approach. I researched about 50-80 law companies and their websites and (apart from the fact that many of them sucked SO much) most of them go for traditional. I also have alternative designs in the making that are more modern and more forward. My goal is to have at least 5 designs ready when I contact local firms.

But I will look into what you said about the amount of content. Need to find out what I could add without overloading it.

Thanks again for your time, I appreciate it.

by
by
by
by
by
by