7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
SeriousBytes says

Hi all,

We are new on themeforest, we would like to get your valuable feedbacks on our theme.

http://www.seriousbytes.com/upbeat/

We made a demo quite different from usual themeforest demos, more as a real website with real content, is it a problem for submission and/or to be understood ? We didn’t develop templates for contact or about or services pages, are those pages necessary as template to upload theme ? What about design and ergonomics, too much trendy ? Confusing ? All comments, advices, are welcome.

Thanks

ps1: the mobil device usability is under debugging ps2: some websites done with the theme here http://www.seriousbytes.com/upbeat/we-like/

585 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
AlexFjord says

Hi, its definitely different and cool.

As this is a marketplace demos of various pages including about, contact etc are really required.

As you rightfully pointed out already there are responsive issues

I do not think that logo works – best practice dictates it should really be on the left but generally it looks lost there.

Am not completely convinced by some of the page backgrounds

The typography needs some work especially font choices and spacing.

The navigation does not work for me – spacing needs checking and it just looks out of place and on its own (maybe think the header including the and and logo together some how).

Footer needs tidying up

All in all you have a cool concept there but it is not ready for here yet. It is mostly attention to detail and design changes that is needed.

1588 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

OMG!! this will be a great hit, Definetly based on my personal thaughts this one is the best i found for agency portfolio website. Guys great work.

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+11 more
ThomGeskin says
Moved to Item Discussion
7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
SeriousBytes says

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks.

@webdesignerart great to read your message, hope it will happen, we work so hard and people already using it are really happy.

@AlexFjord, I agree with you on some points we just tried to show a large diversity of possibilities (original backgrounds, fonts, behaviors…), font line height should be bigger for sure. Making a theme different from classical one needs to make some strong ergonomic choices like logo and navigation display, hope not too original for TF. Is the footer really a mess ? We try to show again the possibilities, making “complex” footers with several widget in same column (and choose from 1 column up to 6).

@TF-people should be great to have some new advices, comments, the hard/bad ones are welcome to increase theme and demo quality for being accepted.

by
by
by
by
by
by