3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

Funny plan :)) 2nd week on slider here :)) quality takes time.

53 posts Minimal Themes Forum
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
minimalthemes says

Being a active member from 2years in themeforest but didn’t able to make any theme here :( I got many freelance work from here … many customers are happy with me… mostly buyers ask in themeforest have your own themes? and then i telling them i am planing to make wp theme etc etc but at the end i am not able to get much time to create themes here is because i am full time job person and in free time i do freelance + Education and between these activities i havn’t left much time to create themes for themeforest marketplace.. I know its also big support/contribution to marketplace from authors who makes great themes/stuffs as result community gets huge earnings and rewards. Envato gave me many freelance business but i didn’t contribute anything to envato :(:(... Today i read my very old post for my PSD was corrupted and want to know how to recover it: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/photoshop-cs5-psd-file-currptnot-open-my-lots-hard-work/44020

i saw the latest comment to my post from community member who reply to my 2years old post …. and it remind me that psd was basically i designed to make theme to sell themeforest.

Well guys i am not happy feeling Dumb, lazy blah blah blah :(:depressed::S

Don’t worry man! I love you so much :D

1635 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

Being a active member from 2years in themeforest but didn’t able to make any theme here :( I got many freelance work from here … many customers are happy with me… mostly buyers ask in themeforest have your own themes? and then i telling them i am planing to make wp theme etc etc but at the end i am not able to get much time to create themes here is because i am full time job person and in free time i do freelance + Education and between these activities i havn’t left much time to create themes for themeforest marketplace.. I know its also big support/contribution to marketplace from authors who makes great themes/stuffs as result community gets huge earnings and rewards. Envato gave me many freelance business but i didn’t contribute anything to envato :(:(... Today i read my very old post for my PSD was corrupted and want to know how to recover it: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/photoshop-cs5-psd-file-currptnot-open-my-lots-hard-work/44020

i saw the latest comment to my post from community member who reply to my 2years old post …. and it remind me that psd was basically i designed to make theme to sell themeforest.

Don’t worry man! I love you so much :D

What :0 .....

6088 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

If you are busy with freelancing and couldn’t find time for stock item preparation/learning, do not consider it as lazyness! Making stock items obviously requires special investment of time! :)

May be if you can manage earning through freelance works that supports your next 2-3 month’s expenses / freeness, then try spending time for theme development; reasonably possible. I guess you are already self employed and you have the gift of choice!

1830 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Change your priorities, you have 2 ways:

1) Stay in your confort zone with a stable income but nothing more 2) Risk and get even more or do less. Life’s a risk, so you have to get your chances. Or if you’re strong enough, have 2 full-time jobs. I worked part-time 3 months, 5 hours a day, when I first started here. Also had college most of the days, had college projects and still managed to do it.

I am very lazy too sometimes, but with lots of motivation you can do it.

962 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says

Funny plan :)) 2nd week on slider here :)) quality takes time.

No shit, because you’re supposed to take it so literal like. It’s an idea to get him started, shock horror! :ohrly:

6088 posts
+8 more
VF says

Just realized you have full time job! In such case, you can safely drop freelancing and replace it with stock development! :)

1635 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

Just realized you have full time job! In such case, you can safely drop freelancing and replace it with stock development! :)

YEah i am thinking to replace freelancing with stock development well in this time period i need to say sorry to my clients :P

2206 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
Nitro_Themes says

Hey

If you are doing this full time than don’t get rid of the freelance work add it into your schedule maybe spend 4 hours on freelance and 4 hours on templates that you want to upload to TF.

Normally it takes me at least 2 months to do an html theme sometimes even 3 with a full time job as a CNC programmer. So take your time. The one thing that works for me is story boarding my templates instead of doing a PSD layout. I come up with the main layout for my templates then i draw it on paper once i am complete with the main template than i brainstorm on how i want the inner content to look meaning dimensions graphics and so on. I design most of my templates in the browser but if you are more comfortable doing it in Photoshop than do that. If you look at my templates they have a different feel and style than all the other templates on TF maybe the reason behind it is that i am an ex flasher.

The main thing is that you don’t give up if you get rejected just follow what the reviewer said to approve your theme.

Cheers and good luck

Lester

6088 posts
+8 more
VF says

YEah i am thinking to replace freelancing with stock development well in this time period i need to say sorry to my clients :P

Yes, that is inevitable. I remember, for me it took around 3-4 months to smoothly detach from client works/commitments when the transition made!

by
by
by
by
by
by