736 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in United States
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
MusicBoxStudios says

Hello my fellow authors,

I’m an AudioJungle music author. I’m looking to create a site to display my music that has E-Commerce capability built in (PayPal) also. There are so many themes here, I just thought I’d go to the source for direction.

Should this be a Wordpress site? Joomla? Something else?

I’m a rookie to say the least, so something that doesn’t require a lot of code writing know-how would be best suited for me. Also, are you guys/girls available to help setup the site? I have a hosting account, but if this works out to be a WP site, I have zero experience setting up WP themes.

Any help and suggestions are truly appreciated.

MBS

654 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Gareth_Gillman says

WordPress and EAD would be suited to your needs. You can find 3 EAD themes here or there are some on the EAD site.

You could even go full hog and get a full custom branded site but this is going to cost in the region of $3-10k depending on who does it.

736 posts
+3 more
MusicBoxStudios says

WordPress and EAD would be suited to your needs. You can find 3 EAD themes here or there are some on the EAD site. You could even go full hog and get a full custom branded site but this is going to cost in the region of $3-10k depending on who does it.

Serenity looks great. When you say I could get a branded site, does that mean that a theme like Serenity can’t be changed using my logos, images, etc.?

Also, is it setup to play a sound file? Is that a separate plugin?

654 posts
+4 more
Gareth_Gillman says

WordPress and EAD would be suited to your needs. You can find 3 EAD themes here or there are some on the EAD site. You could even go full hog and get a full custom branded site but this is going to cost in the region of $3-10k depending on who does it.

Serenity looks great. When you say I could get a branded site, does that mean that a theme like Serenity can’t be changed using my logos, images, etc.?

Branded = custom design

Yeah you would need to download a music player plugin from wordpress.org or codecanyone

736 posts
+3 more
MusicBoxStudios says

Branded = custom design

Yeah you would need to download a music player plugin from wordpress.org or codecanyone

Makes sense. Thank you for all the help. Stumbles across this from your links http://themeforest.net/item/marketify-marketplace-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/6570786

Seems as if it could work also. Am I wrong?

654 posts
+4 more
Gareth_Gillman says

Branded = custom design

Makes sense. Thank you for all the help. Stumbles across this from your links http://themeforest.net/item/marketify-marketplace-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/6570786

Seems as if it could work also. Am I wrong?

Yup would work, it’s a nice theme

736 posts
+3 more
MusicBoxStudios says

OK, seems as if I need to familiarize myself with WP very quickly. Am I correct in thinking there are two parts to this equation?

1. Buy the theme
2. Buy EDD plugin. (cheap….$2.99)

654 posts
+4 more
Gareth_Gillman says

OK, seems as if I need to familiarize myself with WP very quickly. Am I correct in thinking there are two parts to this equation?

1. Buy the theme

EDD is free to buy, you might need to buy additional plugins depending on your needs but you can get started for $0.

736 posts
+3 more
MusicBoxStudios says

1. Buy the theme
EDD is free to buy, you might need to buy additional plugins depending on your needs but you can get started for $0.

Great! Are you available to assist in setup of a WP theme? What are your rates? You can email me directly on my profile if you prefer to have that conversation privately.

654 posts
+4 more
Gareth_Gillman says

Sent you an email :)

by
by
by
by