7290 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

automatically remove forum posting rights if first thread/post of that user is reported for spam.

if first post of a new thread is reported for spam automatically hide that thread or at least change the thread title to “Thread pending approval” or something

5339 posts
    Member of the Envato Team Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in Canada Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

We have some new spam changes that are coming shortly :)

7290 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

We have some new spam changes that are coming shortly :)

hopefully it will help us get rid of annoying spam threads

3691 posts Community Moderator
    Helps us moderate the forums Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+ Located in Netherlands Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

People are doing things :) In the mean while, all mods are constantly removing every spamthread we come across. It’s defintely a bit busier lately!

3072 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

I don’t know… but I feel pretty good when I disable those posts in the first minute of the posting. :D
There should be like a quick selector to give the reason for the post report – because I get tired writing “spam” all the time. :) This will also make the report action more different than the simple replay one – no more reporting by mistake.

203 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
biyanpasau says

And there should be a new badge for it

7290 posts
+5 more
doru says

probably I beat some record of reporting spamming threads today :(

2568 posts
    Member of the Envato Team Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+ Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+16 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Yet so have many of us mods, add to that of disabling and editing, removing content, and you know, the usual time-wasters… your point is? :D While I can only thank you for taking the time to report the posts, I can also assure you that there are far more users doing that as well, so whenever it gets too tiresome, just take a break, or plain stop reporting if it’s too cumbersome. I am definitely looking forward to those spam-protection measures KingDog was talking about too though :)

7290 posts
+5 more
doru says

While I can only thank you for taking the time to report the posts, I can also assure you that there are far more users doing that as well, so whenever it gets too tiresome, just take a break, or plain stop reporting if it’s too cumbersome.

you can’t ask a superhero to stop fighting the evil.

4195 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

probably I beat some record of reporting spamming threads today :(

Oh believe me! We’re disabling spam posts around the clock! We’re waiting for the new changes to kick in! Meanwhile, keep reporting those posts guys!

by
by
by
by
by
by