1734 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

It all started promising with this thread, a good deal of support in the way of taking real action in this matter. It came to this point where other opinions came up. In my opinion it’s an attitude of loser to embrace defeat, when the battle is already won by justice in common law. You only need to take the step further and claim your victory, if you’re a winner. If you are a loser, get out of the way or keep you mouth shut.

3751 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

You are really angry. Angry minds can’t take a full perspective of any problem.
If the last sentence goes for me, i get it. Enjoy the fight!

Note: i hope you can get the useless shield badge you can see here on the left, cos is the only thing you will win on this battle. Now i keep my mouth shut. :)

364 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

If Envato can’t represent us to issue a takedown notice, it would still be better if they can form a team of people who will actively seek for the illegal file sharing and notify us about it via our marketplace profile so that we can just issue the DMCA takedown notice to those people. Of course, this would be aimed at themes for platforms such as WP, Joomla etc. and not easily-obtainable items such as HTML templates.

Right now, most of the time is spent at searching for all those links when we want to issue a takedown notice. With such team (come on, we are paying 30-50% of our income, so money shouldn’t be a big problem), we only need to spend few minutes per day to send the notices.

2010 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

You only need to take the step further and claim your victory, if you’re a winner. If you are a loser, get out of the way or keep you mouth shut.
this is not your private forum so either chill out or refrain from opening threads when you can’t bear others sharing a different point of view.
277 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Kopyov says

DNP , you sound really offensive.

I am russian, was born in Ukraine and live in Hungary. Yes, russians are tricky, but if your theme was downloaded on warez website – think the way that person gave it a test drive, then he was satisfied and then he bought your theme to get a support. Fair enough. I don’t understand why are you so angry, if he eventually bought your item?

And yeah, do you really think romanians are angels? :D My 2 cents.

1734 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Kopyov FYI : you are part of our historic brothers, we have the same blood and roots, just you have been dis-nationalized and Russified. Read some history bro.

In this thread I just state a fact that some authors here confirm. Their attitude is not acceptable and I really don’t think they want to buy, they will use for free if possible and why not try to get free support even without purchase. I really need allies in finding a long term solution.

816 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
Dream-Theme says

As a Russian speaking person, I apologize for my bad English then. And as you can see I have a badge that says that I have purchased up to 50 items, and no, I have not stolen any of your themes. :)

You didn’t need one yet. It goes like this: I have some clients who purchased multiple licenses for many of my templates, I have great respect for them and I even provide more advanced support in their case. I have never had such a pleasure with SLAVIC / Russians people so far. I tend to think that is not possible, it’s just their culture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2NfqPsls2Y

Sorry my bed EN. U r jerk.

816 posts
+6 more
Dream-Theme says

And will remain jerk until apologize…

816 posts
+6 more
Dream-Theme says

I thought Envato is multi national community. And I really amazed, that mods are doing nothing about nationalist post in this thread…

816 posts
+6 more
Dream-Theme says

@dnp_theme, sorry about my harsh words, but you should really apologize.

by
by
by
by
by
by