767 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
outandouter says

Hi Guys,

I have a file here at activeden that was developed using Flash CS4 and AS3 . And then, the people who bought the file wanted it in CS3 format. So, I just opened the file using Flash CS4 and chose Save As ‘Flash CS3 ’ and sent him the file.

Now, he is reporting that when he compiles the file, it gives him this error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at hand/frame1()[hand::frame1:11]

I could debug this if I had Flash CS3 , but now I can’t. The CS3 version of the file works and compiles perfectly fine in CS4 . So, does anybody has any idea about this?

Thanks!

1019 posts Freelance Flash and JavaScript Developer
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
sike says

As far as I know, the flash player throw this error when you want to call the displayobject (like stage) instance but it hasn’t been initialized.

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

In most case ,if you use one of the special function in CS4 in AS or on the timeline you going to have problem save it at as CS3 or even simple error like you have now.

Any way… it’s going to happen when coding on the timeline a lot, you have stage entry problem on one of your object.

Just do it manually copy your library clip from CS4 to CS3 .

But if you use any CS4 syntax or timeline tricks you need to re-modify this for CS3

767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
outandouter says
In most case ,if you use one of the special function in CS4 in AS or on the timeline you going to have problem save it at as CS3 or even simple error like you have now.

Any way… it’s going to happen when coding on the timeline a lot, you have stage entry problem on one of your object.

But if you use any CS4 syntax or timeline tricks you need to re-modify this for CS3

Yes, I understand but since I do not have Flash CS3 , isn’t there any quick trick around?

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Yes, I understand but since I do not have Flash CS3 , isn’t there any quick trick around?
Sorry man I don’t think so, also since you are selling this file here, you really want to check everything to avoid any inconvenient from the buyer side.

I will offer my help but i am not planning to buy this file, maybe you can try to ask one of the AD mod` to help you or if you can track one of the buyer maybe they can do it for you ……

Also for next time, if you using CS4 and you don’t have a CS3 copy just state only CS4 ,….CS4 still have low penetration in popularity as to CS3 every one want to save there money for CS5

767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
outandouter says

Sorry man I don’t think so, also since you are selling this file here, you really want to check everything to avoid any inconvenient from the buyer side.

I will offer my help but i am not planning to buy this file, maybe you can try to ask one of the AD mod` to help you or if you can track one of the buyer maybe they can do it for you ……

Also for next time, if you using CS4 and you don’t have a CS3 copy just state only CS4 ,….CS4 still have low penetration in popularity as to CS3 every one want to save there money for CS5

Thanks! Please check your email!

111 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Taiwan
savorks says

open fla file and check this file’s Action Script setting (this file’s setting , not the global setting one) , see if “Stage : Automatically declare stage instances” unchecked , if not , probably that is why :)

1161 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
FlashTang says

Change Publish Settings , flashplayer 9
then test it to see if there is error then fix it
But the easiest way is tell your buyer to upgrade cs3 to cs4 :D

2309 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
theflyingtinman says
... Sorry man I don’t think so, also since you are selling this file here, you really want to check everything to avoid any inconvenient from the buyer side. ... Also for next time, if you using CS4 and you don’t have a CS3 copy just state only CS4

This author states in all his files: “CS4 (Flash10)”.

Kamii, if you would like me to take a look just send me a message through my profile

767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
outandouter says
... Sorry man I don’t think so, also since you are selling this file here, you really want to check everything to avoid any inconvenient from the buyer side. ... Also for next time, if you using CS4 and you don’t have a CS3 copy just state only CS4

This author states in all his files: “CS4 (Flash10)”.

Kamii, if you would like me to take a look just send me a message through my profile

thanks, dude but i have the problem solved now!

by
by
by
by
by
by