• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

Staff just disabled my template because it’s not working properly !! This is crazy because the SWFAddress part it’s working.. I just updated the file with a fix but they say it doesn’t work.! They didn’t tell me what’s the problem, they just disabled my template!

This is simply crazy!! :( These kind of things make me want to leave FD for good .. :X

What should i do? I am sure that the problem is because of their crappy header.. Who should i contact? Support? And wait 3 days for a damn ticket to be answered?

I am really disappointed , but i guess i will have to get used to these kind of things.

147 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Czech Republic
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
freakpower says

Its very probable its that FD header I have many recent problems with viewing some previews because of that header…. hope FD will solve this problem soon

3255 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says
Its very probable its that FD header I have many recent problems with viewing some previews because of that header…. hope FD will solve this problem soon
Yeah but to remove a file?! I mean what’s this?! They make a header that destroys your template, and then they disable the template because there is an error generated by their header!

Is this professional ? No .. this is both stupid and crazy :X:X:X

Now they should disable every single SWFAddress template :D come on guys .. you can do better than this(or not, obviously)

147 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Czech Republic
  • Exclusive Author
freakpower says

I agree with you …. looks like very unprofesional behaviour from FD :-(

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

Hi Ruben, sorry for that.

I don’t know which issues your template was having, by the way the header is not breaking the swf address functionalities in my case.

As I’ve reported in the other thread, the header doesn’t make working the relative links used into the text areas. I use in one of my template relative links into the text areas because the absolute url of the fullscreen preview and of the url of the old style preview are different and also because in the address there is the file id that we cannot know before the upload.

Then there is another issue with safari (mac) caused by the new header: when the templates are cached the stage resize events seems to fail when the page loads. Probably because the page is loaded into a frame, I don’t know.

In any case we don’t test our templates to work inside a frame, so could exist also other issues that we haven’t discovered yet.

3255 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

Anyway .. i just check my template and it works perfectly fine. So i really have no idea why did they disable it. :D

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
LGLab says

Did they not say why? Just “It’s not wroking properly”? How are you supposed to fix it?

3255 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says
Dear flasher3015,

This is to inform you that the SwfAddress in your item ‘Creative Template III – Webdesign Studio’ is not working properly, so your file is currently disabled. Once you have the updates to fix the problem, please notify support by replying to this ticket and we will re-enable your file for you to upload the new files. Please ensure that these files for update are uploaded via the ‘edit’ tab located on your file’s item page.

Kind Regards,
Starny

:D

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
LGLab says
Dear flasher3015,

This is to inform you that the SwfAddress in your item ‘Creative Template III – Webdesign Studio’ is not working properly, so your file is currently disabled. Once you have the updates to fix the problem, please notify support by replying to this ticket and we will re-enable your file for you to upload the new files. Please ensure that these files for update are uploaded via the ‘edit’ tab located on your file’s item page.

Kind Regards,
Starny

oh dear, well whether there is a fault or not which I don’t know, it would be nice for FD to let you know what doesn’t work.

This sounds to me like: “We found a bug within your 2000 lines of code, enjoy finding it!” :D

Not nice, also it seems these always happen on a friday.

Try and contact Adrien, I think 50Tons had a similar issue a few weeks back and managed to fix it during the week-end, maybe Adrien knows what the problem is.

3868 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
flashjunkie says
Dear flasher3015,

Kind Regards,
Starny

Messages between you and support are private, dont go posting them on the forums in future.

by
by
by
by
by
by