356 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CreativeMedia says

xdozex

I agree, you have some very good ideas!

Thank you!

422 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Located in Australia Interviewed on an Envato blog Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
vahid Envato team says

Back from accounting/MYOB 101. @Collis: it wasn’t that bad!

@xdozex: good suggestions. Cute looking dog also!

File listing order: totally agree and easy to implement

File updates: Not sure about this – something we could trial for a period. We are working on a separate file update queue so it would come sometime after that.

File comments/mail box: As you noted – this is a lot harder to do. We could start with a centralized comments/messages tab but no reply button.

Why no reply button? well then it becomes email and the list of requirements would increase rapidly over time. e.g. why can’t I: [categorize or file messages], [mark as read or unread], [reply/forward], [search messages], [re-sort by arrival date] , [reply with quotes], etc. Basically it would become an email client which is big commitment and would slow development in other areas.

3072 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says
File listing order: totally agree and easy to implement

Yahuu! :D

4905 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Vahid,

Thanks for replying! Honestly the file listing order I think is a major one so I am glad you agree with it.

I think we should def consider the file updating, moving it back to the top of the list…at least as a trial, and we can set up a poll or something to get peoples opinions on it. I feel very strongly about it being beneficial once people really begin to realize that this way a file will never REALLY be “buried” or dead. All files can be resurrected with an update.

Notification of updates I think would be a nice feature as well…

And lastly, having a messages/comments tab with no reply would still be amazing. The comments are already RSS so it shouldnt be too hard. The one thing about the messages is we need to be able to see who its coming from, like in all message forms on authors pages there needs to be a subject, message, and return email box. Because non-authors dont have the message form on their profile, and without displaying an email to reply to…messages wouldnt be helpful.

But thanks for the consideration…I cant wait to see which ones make it!

578 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+6 more
ryan says

Hey guys,

Files are now ordered (by default) in the order of which they were approved.

All sorted on that front :) By the way, has anyone noticed our ‘downtime’ page with the cute robot? It was about time that I turned it on. You’ll see it if you hit the site while we’re deploying a code change and restarting the app, it’s a lot nicer than the “bad gateway” page that it replaces :)

Who has seen it? It’s a bit of an easter egg!

2671 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

hey ryan, great work! thanks for making the changes so quickly :-) (the search indexing too.)

905 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
unchartedrealms says

dope good look out. thanks a bunch

578 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+6 more
ryan says
hey ryan, great work! thanks for making the changes so quickly :-) (the search indexing too.)

No worries :) The indexing will be a bit sporadic for a couple of days, but it should be working correctly (i.e. every hour) in a day or two.

3402 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 500+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says

Yay, thanks for this!

Regarding the two remaining issues, I for one feel comfortable with RSS . The one that I think would be a nice add on is the updates to get back on the list. Hope it gets implemented. :)

2671 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

forget features, i wanna see the robot !

by
by
by
by
by
by