• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Ireland
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
iamdok says

Steve,

That was a legendary spot! :) Thanks a million.That has sorted it all out. It seems the font name was entered incorrectly or something and in CS4 it was crime, but CS5 & CS3 were happy to ignore it! Amazing. How did you manage to catch that? Is there a way to debug the css file on a line by line basis or was it trial and error?

You all have been a great help. Much appreciated.

Donagh.

2309 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
theflyingtinman says
... How did you manage to catch that? Is there a way to debug the css file on a line by line basis or was it trial and error?

Like most of my successful debugging it came to me in a dream .. gotta stop falling asleep at my desk ;)

Actually the notion that the origin of the error might be due to the content of the CSS file came to me when you said it worked if you used an “internal string” instead of an external file. (because by the time the CSS parser gets to work on it the text of the file is already loaded into an “internal” string.) So I just figured you may have used different content in your test string, and from there I proceeded by using an empty CSS file (which worked) and adding one CSS entry at a time from your file until it failed.

You all have been a great help. Much appreciated.

Thanks. Happy to be of service. :)

8226 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more