• Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
iZZYMedia says

I searched photodune lots of time, there is a great button which is “similar photos” , I was wondering if we could use it in graphicriver too, it helps users find and compare between files and choose the best they like. Sometimes its hard to find a file with similar objectivity, usage or other option that matters for user.Also it would be great to see what files are both new realeased and also has good amount of sales.

Thanks, IZZYMedia

1603 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+8 more
PatrikL Reviewer says

Moved to Site Feedback

3699 posts Community Moderator
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Personally I don’t like the idea of someone hitting my page, then having a button they can click to see similar items available from other Authors.

I put a lot of hard work into promoting my files and driving traffic to my items. I, personally, would be seriously peeved if this feature was brought to GR.

303 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
CRSDesign says

I totally agree with Q&E I don’t want to see someone elses items appearing under my items at all. I don’t want to take the effort promote my item if there’s other people designs fighting for attention on the same page.

270 posts
  • Canada
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
iZZYMedia says

You’re completely right guys, no one likes to see other’s items in their portfolio, I was talking about search options . For example when looking for something like “UI”, a lot of UI is showing and it could be Ordered as date, sales, Price,.. But in this case I should check more than 400 results to see which one I like most. It’s very time consuming to find what I really like or maybe I should click on sales and choose between the authors with better sales who know how to promote their items.

Of course I am talking about quality and hardworking too, This option makes me to choose between right ones instead of low quality but with much sales numbers. A buyer who want to purchase the exact thing in his/her mind deserves to have a good vision and option to choose between most quality works, so if she/he clicks on “similar item” search narrows down to item with same visuals or common tags. This makes people find their items in much shorter time and have better visions to choose from.

I am a one month old user and worked hard to upload quality works, I searched a lot to see what is missing in GR and also go for the most wanted ones for better sales to create. It’s so sad that sometimes I see great and quality items which don’t meet the sales they deserve. I think this “similar item” would help those authors who put a lot of hardworking and of course knowledge on their items for a good sale. As we all know buyers purchase what they see, and in this case quality works which didn’t sale much and are old have better opportunity to get seen in search results.

At least we should have “multiple options” in search, for example I want to search items which tagged as UI, Clean and created just this week or month with a good sale.

This is the sales that keeps all of us on track and encourages us to work harder and make high quality works.

Thanks,

iZZYMedia

by
by
by
by
by
by