4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
engineer22 says

Hi,

i am looking for a script to create a web site where users can subscribe and share their files, also subscribe to premium account to download more content.

15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
stuple says

Hi engineer22,

It shouldn’t be difficult to create such a system but I am afraid it sounds more like a small web application rather than just a script as it would at least need a database to store the account information and some clever thinking about how to best store and protect the uploaded files.

If you could elaborate a bit more what your needs and implementation constraints are we could discuss what would be possible to be developed.

Regards

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
engineer22 says

by script a mean i full solution like vbulletin or socialengine, its simple,i am looking for a site where members can :

> have an account (free/premium) > donwload files (limited if free/full if premium) > upload files

and admin can : manage members / subscriptions manage files

here is a sample web site : http://www.bibliocad.com

i am not sure if a wordpress plugin can do that

15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
stuple says

Hi engineer22,

Using Wordpress you would have a lot of the things you need taken care of, including the management of users and files. The interesting bit would be to modify Wordpress so that you can control what happens with the uploaded files and to manage who has access to what.

The custom post types in Wordpress were created for that exact purpose. You can define a new post type to represent your files and then leverage the existing privilege management that already comes with Wordpress. You can also easily modify the default functionality with a custom plugin.

I would imagine you can also go for a theme that has all that functionality built-in but I think it’s unlikely that someone has a designed a theme with your exact use case in mind. Probably the best approach would be to choose a generic theme (or come up with a complete unique design yourself) and then implement the additional file sharing functionality with plugins.

Regards, Antoni

by
by
by
by
by
by