• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • India
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
avenue28 says

Hey guys,

As we know, currently there is no way of knowing who bought our files except when they mail us requesting for customizations and updates. Also we have no way of knowing wether that particular person has really bought the file or not except when he leaves a comment on the file page after he buys the file.

What I propose is that provide a small checkbox in the EDIT section of the file that can be set if updates are available for that particular file (may be he cleared out some bugs or something like that). When ever the author enables the checkbox, a mail is sent to all the buyers notifying the same. So the buyer, if he needs the updates can hit a REQUEST UPDATES button(which must be made available) on the file page that shoots a mail to the author. The author can then probably send him the updates.

This way there is no point of doubt that can arise, since everything happens through FD.

What do you say about this???... :)

557 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
Pirenko says

Hummm… When I update a file I upload it like a new one and place a comment explaining that it is simply an update. If it is accepted, the buyers just have to re-download it, because it will be the updated version.
Reeeeeally important and usefull would be the buyers list of each file…

492 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • India
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
avenue28 says

yes, but how do the buyers know that the file has an update. My proposal helps doing that… :)

by
by
by
by
by
by